Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 78 Alfetta has a messed up electrical system, to put it nicely. I have myriad diagrams, but they wires don't really match up, likely due to people "working" on the electrical in the past. My biggest head scratcher is there is supposed to be a white wire from the fuel cutoff solenoid on the SPICA pump to the fuse box. On the diagram from papajam, the wire breaks and it says microswitch. I am a bit confused, being none to good at engine electrical work.

The white wire appears to go from a bundle of wires behind the right headlight straight to the microswitch under the pump, though the wire has a break in the middle, and a male/female connector spliced in. Should this white wire be going to the microswitch AND the fuel cutoff solenoid? There is no other white wire I can find to attach to the fuel cutoff solenoid, though I found a piece of a white wire when I first popped the hood open to look at the horror within.

I would appreciate any knowledge on this topic. I have looked at pictures in the Haynes manual, a the other Alfa books I have, but they do not show me anything helpful. I tried, in vain, to attach a pic of the wire in question. Not sure why but it would not let me.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts