Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm swapping my 86 old style fusebox with an 89 blade style. While I'm there, I'm cleaning each connector and I grease each one with dielectric grease.

I've found a wire (light green with black stripe) that doesn't connect to anything. In fact, two identical wires are connected together but only one seems to be used. where this wire should connect ?
P1020097p.jpg

I will certainly have more questions during the process !

Thank you again !

·
Administrator
17,371 Posts
Do you have a copy of PapaJam's color coded wire diagrams for your model Spider? You should. They are worth every penny (actually he gives them away with only a suggestion of a BB donation/subscription).

IIRC, green/black is for the ignition system or FI system. But my copy of the wire diagrams are at home (and I'm not there).

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Eric,
No I don't have the PapaJam's diagrams, where can I "buy" it ?
Thanks,
Dominic

·
Administrator
17,371 Posts
Scroll down to the 'electrical' section, find & click on PapaJam's username and select 'send a private message'. In the message ask for the wire diagram for your model/year Alfa & include your email address. He'll send you some 'pdf files'. Prepare to be wowed.

I took my copies to an office supply store and had them print out color copies on 11"X17" paper then plastic laminate them. I think nice thoughts about the old guy every time I use them.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've sent a PM to PapaJam, he will send me the diagrams. Thanks for the info.

The fusebox swap is done. I have another question now. There is two relays on passenger side, near the windshield washer bottle, with two brown grounds. What's the purpose of these relays ?
P1020098p.jpg

Thanks again and again !

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will look for that before reinstalling the relays because I won't reinstall A/C system. I want to simplify wiring as much as I can. I already removed all wiring from both ECU because I have an Haltech fuel and ignition management system for that car.

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
What's the purpose of these relays ?
I think those two relays control parts of the A/C system.
Specifically the auxillary fan.
One is connected to the console AC switch, the other to the temperature sensor in the fan shroud.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Darren, if I don't use the A/C system, I don't have to use those two relays ? The temperature sensor attached to one of them is only for the auxiliary fan which I won't use anyway ? Am I right ?

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's amazing all the parts the A/C system require and what I can remove (not reinstall) without A/C.

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
About 100lbs of stuff by the time is all said and done actually.

Save the relays though as they can be used as replacements for the horn, power windows and the main relay by the ECU.
Or, you can use them to do the headlight relay conversion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts