Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering to do something like this in my Alfa (also upgrade my electronic BORG with more fitting one regular clock, and maybe a voltage meter) but anyway, since I am a hardcore "pick-a-part" fan, I would prefer to pull it from some American ride ;) But the "Q" is... from which car I can pull it out?
(I do also understand that regular door actuator would not really work...)
Thank you...

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I am considering to do something like this in my Alfa (also upgrade my electronic BORG with more fitting one regular clock, and maybe a voltage meter) but anyway, since I am a hardcore "pick-a-part" fan, I would prefer to pull it from some American ride ;) But the "Q" is... from which car I can pull it out?
(I do also understand that regular door actuator would not really work...)
Thank you...
I did this to my camaro, using a camaro's solenoid of a later year, that is basically what you need, just a solenoid. Want me to take measurements and show them to you to see if it would work?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did this to my camaro, using a camaro's solenoid of a later year, that is basically what you need, just a solenoid. Want me to take measurements and show them to you to see if it would work?
just the application (where i can pull it from :p ) will be ok :)

·
Registered
2,513 Posts

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
...(also upgrade my electronic BORG with more fitting one regular clock, and maybe a voltage meter)...
The series 1 Spiders (roundtails) had analog clocks in the same size and style as the upper center instruments in your '85 Spider. The only difference that I recall is that the older version had a tiny Alfa logo in the lower instrument face, but the style, color and manufacturer of the instruments is the same. (I know this, because I have also seriously considered placing such a clock in one of my Spiders.) You may want to contact the Alfa Parts Exchange, since they specialize in dismantling Alfas. (Just don't try to low ball them - they won't take you seriously if you do.)

As far as the voltage meter, you can get one at Radio Shack. Coincidentally, it is in the same rectangular shape as the opening that would be left, if you do away with your digital clock.

Best regards,

·
Registered
6,087 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you guys, I really appreciate answers. they are quite handy :)

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like a great upgrade but if your battery is trunk mounted you should
keep a back up cable in place...Just a thought.:)
or two external connectors for charger or something like that...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts