Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm starting work once again on my delayed (6 years) GTV6 resto. I'm doing simple jobs first and one of those is the rubbish wiring. I need to rebuild the loom that goes out to the rear lights as someone decided it would be a good idea to use scotch locks which has cut two wires over time. To do the rewire I need to get hold of the right angled amp connectors (pins) shown in the attached pics. Does anyone have a clue where you can get these from or a suitable replacement?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers, Tony
1983 GTV6

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Connectors

Hi all,

I'm starting work once again on my delayed (6 years) GTV6 resto. I'm doing simple jobs first and one of those is the rubbish wiring. I need to rebuild the loom that goes out to the rear lights as someone decided it would be a good idea to use scotch locks which has cut two wires over time. To do the rewire I need to get hold of the right angled amp connectors (pins) shown in the attached pics. Does anyone have a clue where you can get these from or a suitable replacement?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers, Tony
1983 GTV6
Hi Tony.
I expect you have found a reference to AMP on the connector body. AMP is now owned by Tyco. On the GTV the connector you show plugs onto the printed circuit board at the LH rere light cluster? I had a quick look at https://www.google.ie/search?q=amp+connectors&biw=1280&bih=645&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Y1X3VMyRC-y07Qa6nIDYDg&sqi=2&ved=0CDsQsAQ which suggests that the particular connectors are obsolete and then 929939-3 - TE CONNECTIVITY / AMP - CONTACT, CRIMP, SOCKET, 20-17AWG, REEL | Farnell element14 Ireland which shows a connector that may suit the connection but would have to be finessed into the connector body - eg with hot glue. The makers expect to sell these in '000s and usually they come on reels. You may be able to crimp them with a DIY crimper but if not the AMP crimpers need saving up for. Farnell is in the UK. Good luck with this.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Kondor,

Thanks for your reply.
Yes I did spot the offering from Farnell and it might work. At the moment I'm in touch with TE, as they are now called, they are investigating. Apparently the AMP stamp on the housing shows where it was produced, something to do with the number of dots above the AMP symbol.

As for the AMP tool luckly I have the crimp tool as I used to use amp connectors 30ish years ago in fact I've got three .

I'll let you know how I get on with TE.

Cheers, Tony
1983 GTV6

1 - 3 of 3 Posts