Discussion Starter #1
Hello
looking at this engine code would it be suitable for the 1600 gt Veloce. RHD

regards

Resized_2[1].jpg

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
what year is the car, the earlier cars had the engine number stamped on the side of the block so that is probably from a later 1600 junior

Reactions: kengta

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thankyou,
its a 67 gtv so, after some research on that model by myself, i would say not in the above table, stopped before this number...
For interest can someone confirm it is Junior?
It is not my car, asking fro friend.
cheers

·
Registered
1,030 Posts

look here it appears to be a 70's engine

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Yeah not for a GT Veloce, they were all stamped on the side of the block. My guess the one in the photo has the later spin on oil filter too.

Reactions: kengta

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I see a number of problems. Look at the stamping, it is jumbled and the stars are not correct and I'm guessing the font of the AR is not correct. Compare to the bellhouse flange stamping on my 1975 1600 GT Junior engine below which has a spin on oil filter ala 2 litre cars. See photos below. So it looks like an un original stamping for some reason and there is a possibility it is not even a 1600.

To be correct for your 67 RHD or LHD the stamping should be on the boss under the carbs, intake side and engine should have a canister oil filtrer off the block under the exhaust.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, thanks for help. Looks like my mate will just have to keep looking for correct block

1 - 8 of 8 Posts