Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad::mad::mad:
Last night, my 33 was egged by a bunch of young shiitheads in a crappy mitsabitchi while I was coming home from work.:mad::mad::mad:

Unfortunately due to the low light & lack of working licence plate lights I didn't get a rego number to hunt the little bastards down & maim them with an iron bar. I know the area they were driving in though, so i'll spot them eventually while i'm out & about :mad::mad::mad:

Anyway, now i've finished my quick vent, I was wondering if there's anything I can do to repair the couple of little round eggshell-breaking paint chips that I now have on 2 doors. I'll have to get a dent pulled on the rear door too. I think one of the eggs must have been boiled as it didn't break - lucky it hit the panel & not the rear glass (or go through the open front window for that matter...:mad:)

Thanks everyone
:):):):):):):):):):):) (just to offset the angry faces above :p)

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Eggs.....

:mad::mad::mad:
Last night, my 33 was egged by a bunch of young shiitheads in a crappy mitsabitchi while I was coming home from work.:mad::mad::mad:

Unfortunately due to the low light & lack of working licence plate lights I didn't get a rego number to hunt the little bastards down & maim them with an iron bar. I know the area they were driving in though, so i'll spot them eventually while i'm out & about :mad::mad::mad:

Anyway, now i've finished my quick vent, I was wondering if there's anything I can do to repair the couple of little round eggshell-breaking paint chips that I now have on 2 doors. I'll have to get a dent pulled on the rear door too. I think one of the eggs must have been boiled as it didn't break - lucky it hit the panel & not the rear glass (or go through the open front window for that matter...:mad:)

Thanks everyone
:):):):):):):):):):):) (just to offset the angry faces above :p)

So sorry to hear of your mishalf.....maybe, a little humor will help; in my area of the country they would simply shoot out your windows and possibly kill you in the wrong part of town, so this seems irritating and destructive but relatively benign in comparison.

Btw, in my area it is a felony to drop, throw, etc. anything at a moving vehicle, so if you come up with a plate or registration information there may be hope if your laws are similar.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Don't you have "Kill On Site rules" for egg throwers and poachers like they do in Kenya? That really bites... Cheryl lives (I think) near L.A. California so things like that are grounds for open hostility! :)

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Call me when you find the sunnabeaches. I'd like to participate in knocking the ever livin' pizz out of 'um:cool:

·
Out of the office!
11,647 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Egg Stains / Damage to Paint surface:
As well as the impact damage, egg contains proteins and amino acids that will actually erode the clear coat and eventually the basecoat if not neutralized / removed. If the affected paintwork is not neutralized any remaining acid residue will be reactivated each time it comes into contact with water (See also Reactivity)
Automotive International A, B C Decontamination/Neutralization wash system (www.autoint.com)

Saturate the area with Isopropyl Alcohol and keep it ‘wet’ for 4-5 minutes with a soaked towel laid on the stain, do not agitate the surface. Flush with clean water and dry thoroughly. Inspect surface for cracking, discolouration or other damage with a 30X lighted magnifying loupe, use a chemical cleaner to remove any discolouration, and then apply a paint protection product. If the clear coat shows signs of failure (cracking) take vehicle to a professional paint / body shop.

After the paint surface has been subjected to a chemical cleaning its protective layer (wax / sealants) have been removed and the paint surface left without protection, so it is very important that a wax or polymer protection be reapplied immediately. To correct any surface marring / light scratching use a mild polish (Zaino PC Fusion Dual Action Paint Cleaner Swirl Remover, All-In-One (Z-AIO) or Menzerna Final Polish II) using a White or an Orange LC pad, PC speed 5 – 6

·
Registered
780 Posts
In my youth I had a friend that was pulled from a car at a stoplight and beat up. He was a quiet guy. So quiet in fact that he found them and quietly removed the oil pressure sending unit wire and drained the oil from their car.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My mistake...I thought that this was a detailing forum...Goodbye
It is - And much as I appreciate the input the others are giving, The reason I put the situation in the detailing section was so someone could come up with the answer you gave.

For what it's worth, I washed the car straight away, used a meguires paint cleaner on the affected panels & then re waxed the car. the paint has fractured with the impact, so I guess it'll be off to the panel shop when I have the time...

Thankyou TOGWT :) (don't give up on us yet mate ;) )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts