Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys

there is a outfit in norcal that has converted a bosch MFI 911 flat six to EFI. what striking to me is i believe the injectors are hidden in the pump itself keeping the stock look.

i think this would be a novel solution to have a spica pump hogged out inside for modern electronic injectors to stock lines and injector nozzels for stealth

anyone heard or know if the outfit that does the porsche stuff? perhaps the next time i visit Wes i'll run it by him

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
This makes no sense at all. If you hide the injectors in the pump, how is the fuel mist going to get to the cylinders? Travel up the hard steel lines and dump into the intake tract? It would be liquid by then.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont know how its set up thats why im asking....

btw, how do you think carbs work? you think fuel is pressurized through jets and atomized before its in the intake track? ever seen the accelerator pump circuit work without the motor running? try it out on your car if you have carb car. i think you will be enlighten.

it drawns out droplets through vacuum typically added by an emulsion tube is pretty much what happens with a carb car. the idle circuit and acceleration circuit comes out of the walls body so yes atomization is awful with wall wetting. in fact if you open the throttle swiftly, activating the acceleration circuit, it squirts out like a stream of pee... lol .

dumping out through a spica nozzle, if thats what you want to call it maybe more beneficial since its located aft of the throttle and wouldn't be wetting the throttle plate or the walls as much since the injector us pointed more favorably towards the intake track unlike it does on a dcoe .

most MFI jerk pumps operates on very high pressure, much more so than EFI injectors. I would expect them to used the highest possible EFI pressurized injectors in the pump body. all things considered, this would not be of any advantage over an stand alone modern type EFI other than aesthetics.... and who bought an alfa other than for aesthetics? :)

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Yes, I'm familiar with how carbs work. It just seems so mind bendingly strange to try to do this as described. If it could work, it sounds like it would not be any better than carbs. And carbs have decades of development. I guess I'll refrain from any further until the Porsche design is revealed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts