Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 75 3.0 V6 we are mounting an EFI Ecu model euro 96.
Does anyone know if, in addition to various sensors and pulleys to change, also the distributor needs to be replaced or even changed?
Or can I continue to use the stock one?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Did the car the ECU came from have a distributor? If so, lock the distributor advance machanism, and wire up as normal - the 12valve Distributor equipped Motronic has a "dumb" distributor that purely distributes spark.
If it's from a 12valve spider, I think they use coil packs? I don't think the ignition advance curve for the 24valve would be suitable.

If the car was originally a L-Jetronic car, you'll also have to replace the injectors and fuel rail with the later motronic injectors and rail.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Ok, I didn't realise it was an aftermarket EFI system (i thought you were going to fit a later Alfa v6 Motronic) - looks like a good thing - you won't have to change the Jetronic injectors over as it works for both high or low impedence injectors.
It has 3 ignition drivers - I don't know if it's configurable to drive a coil/distributor combination (if it is, you'll need to lock the distributor's advance mechanism), but if it can't, you can use wasted spark coil packs with no huge issues (remove the distributor and plug the hole like the factory did on the 164)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts