Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's funny, having two Alfa's, of which one is my daily driver (a 93 164 L), I sometimes get attention when behind the wheel. Sometimes I get attention because I'm looking for it (like when I make faces at BMW''s, Audi's, and Benz's. It's a shame that Alfa isn't here wiith new products, and who truly knows if they will ever return. Wouldn't the aftermarket tuner crowd love the 147? But, I just want to relay a funny story (actually two stories). First, I'm in my 64 Giulia Sprint and I'm racing an Audi TT. At the base of the hill we both get caught by the light. I turn to him and say, "There's nothing like an Italian car." To which he replies, " This is German." To which I reply, "I know!!" He sat there in stunned disbelief and I'm still not sure if he got the "dis". Next, I'm driving my 164 and I see a vintage Giulia Spider. I track him down to join the club, he gets out of his car and says, "Nice car, is that the Montreal???!!!"
Go figure!! God Bless America and the souls of our fallen bretheren on the shuttle.

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
HAHAHAHA

Funny, those TT's are fast and handle well, but us Alfa owners will smoke'em.

About a week ago, I was empty on gas, and decided to fill up with 2 gallons of 100 octane. There was a close wide canyon run, so I said heck let's put this gas to the test. I sped around a few cars, so I can be the first in line at the light, and some rich kid in a Benz e-class tried to flex. Light turned green and he cut me off, the mellow guy I am, it did not piss me off.
About a mile later I was behind him at a red light, and he kept looking in his mirrors and when the light turned green he floored it. That's when my blood began to boil. I caught up to his tail and he would not let me pass (this was a two lane road not one), guy kept weaving into the lane I was trying to pass in. So I busted out some race stratigies and took the inside lane, (like my man Antony)which totally forced him to hit his brakes.
As I passed him, I gave him a NO NO with my head.

Sorry, I just felt like sharing my story too.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I know how it feels....

I had one kid think my alfa was chinese!!

go figure

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I've read somewhere that 80% of people thought Miata (MX-5) was made by Toyota.

I think when Alfa comes back to the States, things will get better.

BTW, I've just seen the most beautiful Duetto Spider in my life this afternoon in Mitsuwa (Japanese Supermarket).
The sun was setting, and all the sunset reflections were on the Metallic Blue Duetto. (Too bad I don't have a camera with me :( )
Just like in those Japanese Alfa magazines, it was driven by a middle age Japanese guy, with a Ray-Ban sunglasses, with driving gloves. I still remember the sound of the engine made when it speed off.

There was some kids staring at the car and asked their parents, what car is that, and I was surprised how many people know that is an Alfa.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
General Jim? What have you done to your Sprint's motor to keep up with a TT? Do you have any pictures to post?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Alfas in the U.S.

If Alfa has Ferrari's backing, I am sure that their return to the U.S. would be most triumphant. If GM or Ford are in charge, they'll probably arrive on Malibu/93/Grand Prix or Mondeo/XJ-6 chassis. Bleh.

As for street 'racing', I thoroughly enjoyed pouncing on and killing Miata's with my Spider. I look forward to the day I can do the same in my GTV. Once I drop in the 2 liter, that is.

Alfa_chan, which Mistawa? Santa Monica? Alfa has a devoted following with the Japanese. In fact, many of them are pure Alfa fanatics.

Btw Sniady, cute doggie avatar. That camera angle is bringing out the rabbit in him though. :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Re: Alfas in the U.S.

67GTV said:

Alfa_chan, which Mistawa? Santa Monica? Alfa has a devoted following with the Japanese. In fact, many of them are pure Alfa fanatics.
I know there is a lot of Japanese in the Santa Monica area.
But this time it's in the parking lot of Mitsuwa in San Gabriel.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What I've done to my Giulia

Regarding my Giulia, it's got veloce cams, twin Webers, lightened flywheel, Ansa exhaust, oversized valves, and most importantly me behind the wheel!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts