Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
"I suspect that within the reaches ot Vertical/Scope someone thinks of us as end-user goblins. Hopefully this is something we can get past"

In my career in engineering, we sometimes found that all too often the people who developed the software we were to use didn't really seem to understand just what we needed for our work. Sometimes they would say, after we had made comments about not being able to get the results we were looking for, "why would you want to do that? We don't think that capability is important for our (precious?) software we developed". They just didn't seem to understand the end user, their customers.

One time, they didn't even understand how we were able to get certain results we needed. They couldn't find the process in their manuals. Had to laugh and shake our heads at that, mainly because we couldn't repeat it either. And that was a big costly commercial product for structural finite element analysis. Geez.

I may be using this particular forum product, but put me in the 'not satisfied so far' column. (but that's just me, lol).

Registered
In my career in engineering, we sometimes found that all too often the people who developed the software we were to use didn't really seem to understand just what we needed for our work. Sometimes they would say, after we had made comments about not being able to get the results we were looking for, "why would you want to do that? We don't think that capability is important for our (precious?) software we developed". They just didn't seem to understand the end user, their customers.

Our UK friends call this the "Not invented here syndrome". To paraphrase the old Firesign Theater: We're all goblins on this bus. 馃檭

Registered
If you click on the three dots to the right you will get a drop down menu with Edit being one of the choices (if you're within your ten edits per week and there are no other problems)
WRONG!
Dis-functional. Not working. etc etc keep working on it. Good luck

Registered
Broken record here.... did we ever get any movement on the ability for a member to edit their own posts? I don't care if its editing 10 posts in 7 days, that is fine. I am still unable to edit my post at all, and I might post twice a month on whats left of this site.

Super Moderator
GuillotineF!, 81gtv6:

It would be great if you guys started a conversation with AlfaBBAdmin outlining your inability to edit posts. The VerticalScope technical people (AKA "AlfaBBAdmin") honestly believe that the edit function is working. And since we moderators have different privileges than our users, we don't have firsthand experience with what's working and what isn't.

Super Moderator
See post 176 where VerticalScope says they have 'fixed' it. Then see post 181 where its a known issue and VerticalScope is 'working on it'.
Yes, the Admins will admit that there are problems with certain browsers and that clearing the cache and cookies will fix some editing issues. However, I hear different BB users discussing different editing problems and want to be sure that the Admins are exposed to this.

....so as a moderator you don't have this problem?
That's right. We have the ability to edit out obscenities, name calling and other behavior that would be detrimental to the BB. Honestly, I wish I could wave a magic wand and give all BB users unlimited editing privileges. But magic wands don't exist - our best strategy to get this fixed is having all concerned users remind the Admins of their issues.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts