Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Item 270138063069 92 spyder..Anyone see anything amiss with this listing? Seems almost too good to be true and sparse on details..Am I just getting too suspicious in my old age????:

·
Registered
702 Posts
How do you know it is too good to be true when you don't know what the reserve is?

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Looks like a nice car. If I were in Colorado I might take a peak. Alfamale has a point, it could be a reserve of 12K or more so it could be right in line.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
This car used to belong to "Karlgiulietta" who is a member here, and judging from his posts, he did sell the car on ebay earlier this year. Here is a LINK to the original listing. The listing says that the price is $2,950, which is either a typo (12,950 instead?) or a total scam. Just FYI, it was listed on ebay a couple of weeks ago too (virtually the identical listing).

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bid on this car last go-round. All of the bids (around 30 of them) were cancelled, and the bidders were asked to email the owner/lister who, BTW has zero feedback. I did not return the email.
Remember: Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not after you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the thoughts. The zero feedback combined with the $2950 price concerned me. I notice today that the car is not listed on ebay. Since at best I look at the listings once a day, I shall assume it sold elsewhere or the listing was pulled...

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Oh you can bet it was pulled due to fraud. The supposed new owner used all of the pics from the previous sale three months ago?! Zero feedback?! "Ten Foot Pole" my friend "Ten Foot Pole"... ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts