Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Good luck on all of your future endeavors, I’m sure next time you request or need some advice from the Alfa BB, people will respond accordingly.
Ouch!!! :D:D

·
Registered
107 Posts
I was thinking the same thing about the car, it looks like the Bobcor resto from a few years ago, Cozza had a picture of the car on his website. Whats up? Bad car?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Originally Posted by Feruchio
Have any of you idiots realized that this may by a great buy? and inst it inteisting that its always the same posters????? PLEASE RESPOND

Well you have had a couple of folks reply.....nothing more to add??

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
This is the same car recently listed (sold?) for $27K in Illinois, correct?

http://www.tuttotrading.com/veadALFAORANGE.htm
Yes, that's the one from the Chicago area like I said earlier. I think it finally went to 20-23K so according to us IDIOTS $3500 cannot be a good deal. Of course it can't be a great deal Feruchio when it's NOT REALLY available for sale!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm down with what Randy Lee and Tgold says-sorry Feruchio...I agree the car is really sweet-not the best in the world, but it shows very very nice. unfortunately, I don't think this car is really for sale-no response from the seller yet on my inquiry.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Well I never have posted here before but since I know quite a bit about the car here goes. Was originally done by a guy in Miami who I spoke with on the phone when he listed it on EBay after getting it back from cosignment with Bob C. After a long process he sold it to a guy in Chicago. This guy kept it for a few months and decided to get rid of it and sold it through Tom at the previously posted website. Tom told me the car went to New York so I do not know how it wound up in CA so fast and I seriously doubt it. I e-mailed the seller also with no response with much of the details above. I do not want the car but just wanted to find out if this was for real. I also e-mailed Tom to find out what he knows but it will be Monday before I hear back from him. Most probably a scam.

·
Registered
226 Posts
thanks for the background on the car, scole-very interesting.

we have an "ebay" infamous car with a mysterious story and short history. I feel more glued to this thread than top chef

·
Registered
523 Posts
Just got back from working on the racecar all day. Still no response from the seller regarding my questions about the car. One request was to inspect the vehicle before I bid since we are all in CA, although I never really expected a reply.

Who I really want to hear from is Feruchio since he so politely asked the community to respond and a few have….. I was wondering why he is not so opinionated now????

T

·
Registered
479 Posts
It is a scam. No doubt. The link in post #24 is the same add used on Ebay back when it sold not too long ago. It was not a Bobcor Car, it was only at Bobcor on Consignment as Scole states.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I told the seller that I was in Dublin, CA and wanted to see it. GASP! No reply!!!

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
ebay listing removed!
did someone make an offer the seller accepted? the orange gtv mystery continues...
No, Mike. Ebay removes the listing when they somehow decide that it is "Nigerian".

Ebay really needs to clean house. Make all sellers get a notorized docment establishing their legal ID. Cut the crap. It's ridiculous.

Of course I bet they are pocketing a stack of listing fees. :rolleyes:

The thing I really wonder about is whether or not anyone has actually fallen for the "my brother works for DHL" line and sent money. It's hard to belive, but a good number of folks have gotten sucked in by the regular Nigerian pitch, so I suppose this one works too. If there are actually a significant collection of victims out there, they should get a class action going against ebay. Then ebay would fix this!

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Has anyone had the "shill bidding" scam on Ebay happen to them? You know when you have one of these "Super Sellers" with like 10,000 feedbacks. Here's how this scam goes. You're the high bidder on an item and it looks like you're about to win it and at the last minute you're outbid by someone who has never bid on the item before. OK, so what you say??!! Well, within less than an hour the exact same item is relisted saying high bidder could not purchase item. How can they know that? Sellers are supposed to give buyers ten days to make purchases. Do you think Ebay does anything to these sellers? Heck no! With all their listing fees it's tuff totem to an honest bidder... Ebay bites!

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Has anyone had the "shill bidding" scam on Ebay happen to them? You know when you have one of these "Super Sellers" with like 10,000 feedbacks. Here's how this scam goes. You're the high bidder on an item and it looks like you're about to win it and at the last minute you're outbid by someone who has never bid on the item before. OK, so what you say??!! Well, within less than an hour the exact same item is relisted saying high bidder could not purchase item. How can they know that? Sellers are supposed to give buyers ten days to make purchases. Do you think Ebay does anything to these sellers? Heck no! With all their listing fees it's tuff totem to an honest bidder... Ebay bites!
That sounds suspicious all right, but a lot of legit buyers use sniping services. I almost never bid on something until the last 5 seconds of the auction, so the part about their not having bid on the item before doesn't really mean anything. Then, I suppose, the buyer could email right away and say, no, I am not going to follow through, so the seller shrugs his shoulders and relists right away. I am a little sympathetic to Ebay on that one, I mean, how could they separate your scam senario from my legit version of the same events?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Snipers suck... But somethings in life are like that. :)

What would kill sniping would be what an Auction Site I like has:

www.gunbroker.com

Any bids placed in the last 15 minutes of the auction keeps the auction open for another 15 minutes, so no sniping is possible.

Ebay could EASILY do this and they know it, but they don't really care about the auctions anymore or the bidders really. They are all about the storefronts and Buy it Now. They might as well become the next Walmart...

They also don't allow a simple thing like making a change to the Title of the Auction if a Bid is placed, no problems though if the auction has zero bidders proving they could do this at any time. I had one that was misspelled, and they wanted me to cancel the auction and relist it, of course I would still owe them their listing fee with the incorrectly spelled Title. Which makes no sense business wise. If I or they could/would have corrected the Title, the item would have been seen by more people searching for it and possible generated more money by having more people interested in it. This alone tells me they don't care about the individual seller.

Ebay sucks hard as a seller, but there is not much competition either that I am aware of...

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
"Non-snipers bid for a bargain and hope to win. Snipers bid to win and hope for a bargain"

·
Registered
523 Posts
Ebay does that when they come to the conclusion that it's a scam

They tend to remove a listing when they see the price/high bid is always changing to a lower price as the auction progresses. Let's them know (as well as others) that something is not right. I'm also sure bidders complained about all of the strange behavior as well., lack of response from the seller, etc.

T

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I offered $20K without looking at the car in person and no reply then I reported it to Ebay. I got this response,

Dear Lenard,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to item #270144760503.

I've reviewed the information you provided and can assure you that we
have taken the appropriate actions in accordance with our listing
policies. Violations of eBay policies may result in a range of actions,
including listing cancellation, limits on account privileges, account
suspension, forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings, and loss of
PowerSeller status.

Due to eBay's Privacy policy, we cannot share specific information about
the other member's account or the actions we have taken.

For more information about our listing policies, go to:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidence/items-policies.html

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing eBay.

Sincerely,
Bronwynn

eBay Motors Customer Support

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
That sounds suspicious all right, but a lot of legit buyers use sniping services. I almost never bid on something until the last 5 seconds of the auction, so the part about their not having bid on the item before doesn't really mean anything. Then, I suppose, the buyer could email right away and say, no, I am not going to follow through, so the seller shrugs his shoulders and relists right away. I am a little sympathetic to Ebay on that one, I mean, how could they separate your scam senario from my legit version of the same events?
Randy, I agree with you on your points and I know sometimes one just gets outbid at the last second. Heck I've won them like that myself. The ones that get me are when the relisted item that had a $.01 starting bid the first time around now has a opening bid of lets say $100.00. It's like the seller did not get what he had into the item or what he wanted and sniped me and just relisted it within munutes to get a higher price. And yes I don't think Ebay could really know when this is going on unless it happens A lot with the same seller.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts