1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Didn't like it then and still don't like it now.

·
Registered
523 Posts
???

Definitely listed some of the key selling points…… especially on a car like this :)

IE: NEW STEERING WHEEL, NEW SHIFT KNOB...... Sorry to say I won't be in the market for this one. If he is so proud of these wonderful and new SPECIAL ITEMS why isn’t there at least a picture of them???? I was really looking forward to buying the car based on these Fantastic upgrades.

Ohhhhhh darn it :(

I have a cousin that's a Lieutenant at the LBPD. He says most people/crooks get caught because they’re dumb.

T Gold

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Definitely listed some of the key selling points…… especially on a car like this :)

IE: NEW STEERING WHEEL, NEW SHIFT KNOB......
:eek: Guess I read the listing too fast. Now that there are new facts presented, I should maybe reconsider

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
That one sold for around 20K a few months ago right? Chicago area I think. I do like the car but I'm skepticle... If it's in L.A. maybe I'll shoot up there and take a peek.

Ooops, Concord, CA. I guess I won't be popping by to see it ;)

·
Registered
2,517 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hey cool, this car is in my backyard? Hmmm, I'll try to contact the seller and see if I can take a looksy...

Wow, 0 feedback, lousy write-up, recent flip sale with same ebay photos, sounds like a big scam to me but who knows. I do feel really warm and fuzzy when I read "the car is ready for the road". I mean, can't y'all see from the photos the floor is dry? Ha!

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
That one sold for around 20K a few months ago right?
That being the case, I hope that seller each morning is facing the east or the statue of his/her choice and .....

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
The pictures are the same ones from the Chicago listing but not as many. I think the last seller had some twenty pics or so. If I remember correctly the first time it had a opening bid of some 23K then it was lowerred.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey cool, this car is in my backyard? Hmmm, I'll try to contact the seller and see if I can take a looksy...

Wow, 0 feedback, lousy write-up, recent flip sale with same ebay photos, sounds like a big scam to me but who knows. I do feel really warm and fuzzy when I read "the car is ready for the road". I mean, can't y'all see from the photos the floor is dry? Ha!
Go check it out and see if the floor is dry

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I think I'll bid 15K and then tell the seller I'll meet them in Oak Town when I win. I'll have cash and a couple of Feds with me and see if they show! ;)

·
Registered
333 Posts
I didnt read the old thread on the "chicago" sale, but that looks like a BobCor resto. Its funny that he doesnt make any mention of it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
BACK again!!!!!!

Have any of you idiots realized that this may by a great buy? Or are you all taken back by the fact that this car is far superior to your restoration of the same type. I'm wondering with the exception of PAPAJAM and AKITAMAN if the people reading the alafbb have any idea what they are talking about---and inst it inteisting that its always the same posters????? PLEASE RESPOND

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Feruchio: here's the deal. Ebay is just about flooded with scam offerings. We are all heartily sick of it, and are just trying to make the best of a grim situation. Don't take us too seriously here. Believe me, orange piping or not, that car is well respected for it's many good qualities, and likewise well known for it's flaws. However, the chances that this particular ebay offering is really a route to the purchase of the GTV in question are about a million to one against.

By the way, I have a mint Montreal for sale: $7200 and the sale will be handled through the ebay purchase protection program. My brother who works for DHL promised me that I could ship it to you for free. Email me directly and I will send you a link to the ebay purchase protection program. You will have 30 days to evaluate the car, and if it does not meet all yor ecspectashuns, ebay will rredung you monkeys.

OK?

·
Registered
523 Posts
One more Genius responds, or should I say response??

Want to thank you guys for the input. I've decided to go with 15 x 6 Panasport wheels 20mm offset and 205 x 55 ZR15 Bridgestone Potenza RE750 tires. I'll show you pics soon.

Thanks again,

Bob

Have any of you idiots realized that this may by a great buy? Or are you all taken back by the fact that this car is far superior to your restoration of the same type. I'm wondering with the exception of PAPAJAM and AKITAMAN if the people reading the alafbb have any idea what they are talking about---and inst it inteisting that its always the same posters????? PLEASE RESPOND

One more Genius responds, or should I say response…..does it even really matter??
and inst it inteisting that its always the same posters????? PLEASE RESPOND

Is it your car that’s in question….. is that the reason for the tone of your post??

Sure it could very well be a great deal. In fact I believe that’s what the debate is all about. The car looks far better then the minimal description that was given in the Ebay add. I believe that we are all wondering why things like a steering wheel and gearshift knob would be a great selling point. Rather then the unique color combination, the modifications to the body and the engine or the many other things that are normally brought to the attention of potential buyers to increase the value of any vehicle.

The fact that FULL Payment is demanded within 3 days is rather unusual. See item description for shipping details (there are none) usually there is an indication of what the seller is willing to do. The fact that it’s the spitting image of a car that is well known here and apparently seems to make its way around the country rather easily is odd. Consider the fact that regardless of how many questions you ask the (alleged) current owner about this vehicle you never get a response.

Before you starting barking all over the BB calling people IDIOTS…..you may want to glance in a mirror at home and ask yourself the same question. The Alfa community is rather small and if you think you have added value here with your comments I beg to differ. Simply gives the rest of the BB members an idea or impression of the type of person you are….. & nothing more.

Although it looks like in some of your prior posts you received some input or advice that at the time you either appreciated or was able to put to good use. Sooooooooooooooo, which is it, are we IDIOTS or “do you want to thank the guys for the input” Bob??

Tell you what……since you are such a smart chap, I say we take a vote (& I believe most everyone will go along with this without a problem). We all promise not to bid the car up in price so that you can be the high bid and win the auction. And then you can tell us all about the car once you get it and let us know what a great deal it was.

Start a thread, add some pictures with you and your new vehicle and I’m sure that everyone will be honestly very happy for you on your new purchase. Good luck on all of your future endeavors, I’m sure next time you request or need some advice from the Alfa BB, people will respond accordingly.

Take care,

T

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Ouch!!! :D:D

1 - 20 of 57 Posts