Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
To give a price perspective. The original window sticker for the GTV was posted on the first post. The GTV was around 6100.00 new. The Ferrari 264 GTS Dino my dad bought new in 1974 was around 16,900.00. The price difference today between the two is much greater.

·
Registered
211 Posts
As Bella GT pointed out on the first car: the rubber seal under the chrome strip along the door glass is incorrect but I think there is merit in having it, one of the first places rust develops is under these things. If the strip of rubbers insulates this area I am all for it and would be interested in knowing where it was sourced.
Tim

·
Registered
974 Posts
My thoughts on the comments here...

The car is delicious... I am not implying that anyone who posted opinions about the car is a snob, so let's get that straight right from the get go.

But, many of the comments come off as snobbish. There is so much about this car that make it a gorgeous example and I don't understand any rationalizations that don't temper the criticisms with all that is beautiful about this particular example. I would be so happy to claim ownership/stewardship of such a pristine, fine example. Where is the group sense of comeraderie? If this car was a rustbucket, OK, I'd totally get the commentary -really. But, it is not. Somebody put a great deal of work, money, time and care into this example, and don't we, as a group of Alfa enthusiast owe it to each other to be supportive and encouraging to our fellow Alfisti? Just look at that car! Wow.... What a beautiful car, and gee, I wish I had the resources to own one so nice. It is a tribute to all of us. C'mon fellas!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Its appear to be a nice car but…..

TOTALLY overpriced….I don't know what it is about owners of 70's vintage GTV's but the 2000 is simply not worth the $50's….that would even be a stretch for the more desirable 1750. Nice car to be sure…worth in the $30,000's range - tops IMO.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
TOTALLY overpriced….I don't know what it is about owners of 70's vintage GTV's but the 2000 is simply not worth the $50's….that would even be a stretch for the more desirable 1750. Nice car to be sure…worth in the $30,000's range - tops IMO.
TommyD....the only thing you wrote that I agree with is "IMO".

I don't understand why many so called "Alfisti" get all worked up on car prices. If you think $50K is too much to your liking then just move forward and get over it. The 2000 GTV is now 44 years old and if you had a clue in the amount of $ it takes to restore a 40 year old plus car you wouldn't be offended. Well sorted cars do NOT come with $20K price tags. Go ahead and buy a lesser car and completely overhaul the drivetrain and suspension.....never mind the interiors and then let me know the final price tag. Talk is cheap but if you are looking for a safe car capable of driving at factory 120 mph speeds I suggest that survivors without updated suspension and brake system is simply stupid. However, if the objective is to take it to the local coffee and cars gathering.....then there is no need for updates. Just make sure the brake lights work . :wink2:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Profound words indeed...as my Step Nose is now 51 years old (a very rare 1964 model) I do wonder about the potential for catastrophic system failure....I've been fastidious about maintenance but 51 is 51 and I try to be on top of things but.....We are in God's hands I guess..0:)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Once again I must point out that the 105 body coupes were among the most technologically advanced for their time....I refuse to accept that an air cooled 911 is more of a "trophy".....they are coveted because of the admiration of the current generation 911's and had Alfa succeeded stateside and thrived as Porsche has, the 105's would have benefited from the love that the new Alfas would have had....Do I make sense...? D

41 - 55 of 55 Posts