Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Not so sure that the whole classic car market has shifted upward as much...Is a 1965 911 Porsche any more technologically sophisticated or more aesthetically pleasing than a Step Nose?.......D
True, but while high end GTV prices are in the $50-60k range, similar quality and vintage 911s are now reaching the $100k level. As the saying goes, a rising tide raises all boats...

PS... I was on the island last weekend visiting family... Drove out to Ronkonkoma... In the City... To Jersey... Sad to say, not one Alfa sighting...:frown2:

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Period colors are great.... Much nicer than the metallic gray in your prior post... And it appears to be an overall better car all around for $10k less than the asking price of the gray Dawydiak car. Has the market moved up that much in 5 months? Or just the "normal" start high asking price from a dealer? Still, I doubt the dealer would drop his price that much and sell for less than the price of the Faggio GTV.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I just notice this post!
This was my car. Sold for $48K. That was not just a shiny paint, over $25K spent on restoration. The air cleaner color is not the correct color; that was the only incorrect item. So please do not judge the book by the cover.

Thx

This is another example of my collection. Sold!

Alfa Romeo GTV GTV | eBay
Great car sold for the right price. If the price isn't right, cars don't sell. To some this BB has become a hack forum for a bunch of bored men that are only good at mustering 5000 posts......they remind me of the 2 muppets at the theater bancony always ready to throw bananas at anybody and anything. :grin2::wink2:

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
The red one for sale in Southport CT seems overpriced to me. Too much "patina" for a $49,000 GTV. I have seen this one up close.
Shabby in the engine compartment and back seats for the price. Glove box door just OK. I only glanced at the underside, but just driver quality there as well. Non original exhaust including tubular headers. Looks way better in pics.
One positive is that the car was serviced at ALFAs unlimited. They are a reputable shop and should know the car if they worked on it.
This car has been at the dealer's on and off for quite a while, and has even sat outside in poor weather, not how I would treat a $50k GTV.
After seeing this I left thinking that maybe someone consigned it at a high price and the dealer is just doing the best they can.

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wow, I am about to sell my 74' GTV, glad to see the prices have gone up. It was restored by a famous Alfa collector who worked as an engineer at Toyota for over 20 years. The car was restored circa 1991, purchased by my father in 2000, then buy me in 2007. Between my Dad and I we have put less than 4k miles on the car. The odo read 24,130 approx, but I can't confirm its original. Im interested, What do the pundits think its worth? Also its a factory AC car, but the compressor was removed.

Here are a few older photos, I am taking current ones tomorrow:

21 - 40 of 55 Posts