Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Yes Anthony, I have watched it. Looks like the seller wants $30K or more. Unfortunately that is too rich for me. Is the top of the jack correct in silver?
Mr. C.

·
Registered
335 Posts
$38,000 and 42 bids later, its a no sell. I sometimes think people list cars with absurd reserves just to see what market value for their car would be.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Yeah, a really beautiful Giulia Spider- amazing that $38K did not reach his reserve for a Normale- the value of these cars is really going up, as they should when you compare to similar vintage Porsches and even British sports cars (think vintage Austin Healy 100-4's, 3000's, MGA's, TR-2 & 3's. etc)- I could never figure out why our Alfas always seemed to be in a lower price tier in the sports car market against cars I consider to be inferior in ride, handling, not to mention the engine. Most of these cars are not as advanced or fun to drive- maybe this is a good trend, or like Andrew says, maybe the seller just wanted to test the market-either way, looks like some people are now willing to pay a fair price for these beauties.:D

·
Registered
335 Posts
Here are a few reasons I think Alfas have lagged behind values of similar classic sports cars:

1)Availability of Alfa parts and service not as widespread as some other makes. This is improving somewhat these days, but it makes ownership and restoration more difficult. In many areas of the USA, there isn't anyone who you can turn to for mechanical work and/or restoration.

2)Alfa lovers are more thrifty here in the US that owners of Poresche 356, Austin Heally 3000, etc. I know I am! I think many of the higher priced older Alfas sold today end up going to Europe, where our wimpy dollar helps make it a better deal.

3)Alfa Romeo never where a major player in the US market like Porsche or the British makes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts