Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I'm not bidding on this but if they are unavailable as for a Milano, what are you gonna do?
We have to have one here to pass smog.
The last used Milano one I saw went for $150

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Geeeez. Maybe I should have left the gold, kept the Milano gas caps I was "giving" away at $30 a piece!! Or that NOS Milano cap I sold for $40...

This auction a bit odd - the bidding activity almost all from 0 feedback. Either way, a lot of dough.

Joe - your car is nice enough :)

·
Registered
571 Posts
For the outrageous price, I would suspect EVERYTHING. That's just me. Objectively I don't see anything wrong with the auction.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
You know - since the filler neck is a part that bolts to the car - not part of the tank. I don't think it would be that hard to create one that accepts a much more standard cap. You would have to find a cap that works well with the body opening. Then find a standard neck (say from a chevy) that works with the cap. A little cutting and welding (off the car for sure) and you would be set.

Quite a bit more work than just ponying up for a cap, but for those of us who low-buck all the time.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For those of us who already own these cars, maybe this is a sign of things to come. If the price of a gas cap can go thru the roof, maybe the car under the cap will follow along !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts