1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
it's hard to trust any of the seller's claims; it's clearly not an all aluminum body (doors and lids would be al, but the rest is steel), and it's obviously not a 5-speed.

but "It has been partially restored and needs minor work."? what part?

judging by the photos, nothing much has been done, other than maybe a cheap respray with lousy prep. the hanging wires below the dash and the pair of screws going right through the plastic on the lower dash panel don't inspire confidence. neither does the fact that the seller won't give out his location in the auction description.

there are better Fulvias out there. the 'buy it now' is way overpriced for the number of issues this one has. if this is "in Very Good Condition", I'd hate to see what this seller would call a #4 car.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
He may be in Washington State. That Passat in the background has WA plates right?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
It is a recent Illinois plate, there is also a Alfa GTV in one of the photos (3rd down) on the right.

Also a black Milano in 5th one down.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Also selling a X1/9 and a Beta Zagato. I think they are expecting a little too much on these cars....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Consensus = Overpriced

Thanks to all for your thoughts. I had e-mailed the seller the following questions yesterday...

-Where can the car be inspected?
-What restoration work has been done?
-What restoration work is still needed?
-When did the car last run?

...and have yet to see a response.

I'll post the response(s) here if I receive them before I travel.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
please let us know what the seller says about the 'restoration' work already done. I'd love to know.

the seller's X1/9 may not be overpriced; not only is it in better shape than the Fulvia, but according to his description it has a 1.9 liter engine!

BTW, here's what that Fulvia ought to look like: eBay 110154249144

·
Registered
100 Posts
I love how in the specs he put that the interior is "grey".

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
What you guys couldn't see the partial resto? He rinsed it! ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Very cool car, but this is obviously not a good example. And the seller does not inspire confidence by not answering questions, and by asking for an immediate deposit with "buy it now".

Run away quickly!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still nothing

Still no word from the seller.

Run away quickly!
Well, I'm holding scissors so running is not a good option. Fortunately, I didn't get close enough to need to run away quickly or otherwise. I wonder if the one bid for $4500 is from a friend or relative trying to (over)prime the pump.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Saw this same car listed elsewhere for $6500. Seller claims it's in Georgia.
Well, eBay has seen fit to tell me time is running out but the seller remains silent. The reserve, excessive absent any proof to the contrary, hasn't been met.

Where/when did you see the Georgia listing, KraigG?

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Saw this same car listed elsewhere for $6500. Seller claims it's in Georgia.
yeah, the Republic of Georgia, nice little import shop just outside Tbilisi, but he'll be happy to get it to the nearest port in Turkey for shipping. just wire cash into his bank account.

I can't run away; not until I stop rolling on the floor laughing...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah, the Republic of Georgia, nice little import shop just outside Tbilisi, but he'll be happy to get it to the nearest port in Turkey for shipping. just wire cash into his bank account.

I can't run away; not until I stop rolling on the floor laughing...
That has me laughing!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well, eBay has seen fit to tell me time is running out but the seller remains silent. The reserve, excessive absent any proof to the contrary, hasn't been met.

Where/when did you see the Georgia listing, KraigG?
I saw it while doing a Google search for "Lancia Fulvia", and came across a website called either Vest, or Vast.

Now I see the listing has it as located in the Bronx, NY. Looks to be a tow yard, probably some recovery car with a suspect title.

Still running? :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I saw it while doing a Google search for "Lancia Fulvia", and came across a website called either Vest, or Vast.

Now I see the listing has it as located in the Bronx, NY. Looks to be a tow yard, probably some recovery car with a suspect title.

Still running? :)
Register, Georgia - http://www.vast.com/cars/used-Lancia.Fulvia/location--

Bronx, NY - http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/lancia/fulvia/477563.html

Might be the same car but there are some (more) miscues- 1967 Vs. 1965. At least the Hemmings listing has contact information. I'm within striking distance while I'm traveling but I'm not sure making the effort will result in anything more than a view of a (once glamourous) pig of uncertain provenance in a poke.

I'm not so much running as keeping my (wallet's) distance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update

I called the Hemmings/NYC listing and no pictures are available. The car is described as being white, no accident damage - ever, little rust, and running well. I can't say I found the conversation very enlightening or confidence inspiring to the point of making a detour/paying for someone to look the car over. If any member(s) local to the area take a look, I'd love to hear your findings.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts