Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone recognise this car on ebay? 120160879964
The only red flag that I see is the buy it now price.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Looks like eBay fraud to me.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
It's a scam. All the telltale signs are there. The ad contains poor spelling and grammar. The pictures are from a car show and could have been taken by anyone. They were most likely pulled off the web by the scammer. The description of the car is poor at best. The person that owns this car would provide a lot more detail. The scammer doesn't because he doesn't know enough about the car.

Greg Gordon

·
Registered
218 Posts
That car belongs to a member of this forum. It is not for sale and this is a scam.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
THIS IS A TOTAL FRAUD

It has already been reported to eBay with a demand that they remove the listing immediately.

Forget any subtle telltale signs. Notice any vague similarity between the listing photos and my avatar?

(PS. Many thanks Neil, you just beat me to it; I was busy reporting it to eBay.)

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
The listing has been removed by eBay.

My thanks to davestebs for the original posting on this, and to the others who correctly smelled a rat; I wouldn't have caught it myself until this evening.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the quick replies everyone. I wish these scammers would find a new way to make a living!

I saw a Fulvia coupe for the first time a couple of weeks ago. As I suspected, they are much prettier in person than in pictures. It's the one car that I'd consider giving up my Sprint for.

I really need to find a hard-top something. It's getting cold here. The low this morning was 39 degrees and that 50 mile drive in the topless spider from the girlfriend's house to work was rather brisk!

·
Registered
830 Posts
full scam

That car belongs to a member of this forum. It is not for sale and this is a scam.
only a stupid person would try to sale a FANALONE as buy it now for 12K, not even if is stolen. the real owner is here in Los Angeles, not Texas.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
What baffles me, of course, is why anyone would try to scam a Fulvia, particularly a Fanalone, as opposed to something utterly anonymous, like a Miata or an MGB. I suppose that the moron who thought he could get away with this simply doesn't have any idea how tight-knit a community the Fulvias inhabit--and how tight-knit and vigilant BBs like this one are.

My thanks again to everyone. As I said earlier, I would have caught it this evening, but wouldn't have been able to alert eBay until tomorrow.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Scamming a Miata or MG would be a more sensible choice but, I think, scamming is an emotional activity, not a logical one. A Fulvia stirs the emotions a lot more than a Miata.

There have been several Fulvia scams this summer. Maybe they are all by the same guy and he has a thing for Fulvias...

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Dave,

You could be right. Of course, it occurs to me that what we may be completely missing is that he/they are scamming all sorts of cars, and we're just not seeing the Gullwings and Hemi 'Cuda scams because we're not looking for those cars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts