Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone just got the NOS Duetto taillight lenses (pair) from rezdoc for $185 with one bid. Re-originals wants $380 EACH. I thought there would be more competition than one bid. Way down my priority list, but too bad.

Anyone have opinions of the reproductions that are advertised? They have painted chrome. Are they junk, or do they look good?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I'll let you know how good the NOS ones are when they turn up :)

·
Registered
612 Posts
NOS from rezdoc? thats interesting...

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Craig_m67 said:
I'll let you know how good the NOS ones are when they turn up :)
Darn you...did you grab them? One bid, it was too easy! My lenses are OK, just some little cracks and a screw hole broken.

I bought the 74 rear bumper from them recently...hoping it will show soon.

·
Out of the office!
11,184 Posts
Vivace said:
Someone just got the NOS Duetto taillight lenses (pair) from rezdoc for $185 with one bid. Re-originals wants $380 EACH. I thought there would be more competition than one bid. Way down my priority list, but too bad.
I was quite surprised to see Rezdoc had these. I feel the price was quite good. Since the reproduction lenses have come out, the price for NOS lenses seems to have dropped a bit.

Vivace said:
Anyone have opinions of the reproductions that are advertised? They have painted chrome. Are they junk, or do they look good?
The repro leses are very nice. They are made from the original moulds and therefore, have all of the correct part numbers, etc. All lenses, regardless of colour are cast in clear and then some sort of colour pigment is applied to the back side. The chrome edge, is painted with a silver paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
must be for two at that price

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
yeah....and this seller has been using this same spelling for years now :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Out of the office!
11,184 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are the repros listed at Re-Originals the same?

Osso - every time I see a detail photo of your car I am astounded! Is it finished? If not, will there be an unveiling one could get invited to?

We have some family in Ft Collins and Denver, so some trip maybe I could sneak a look.

Thanks,

·
Out of the office!
11,184 Posts
Vivace said:
Are the repros listed at Re-Originals the same?
I am sure they are.

Vivace said:
Osso - every time I see a detail photo of your car I am astounded! Is it finished? If not, will there be an unveiling one could get invited to?
Work on the car has been on hold since early last year. Personal family business has taken priority. Maybe in the next couple of months, I will get back on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts