Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has ever seen or heard of the Bertone X 1/9 modified to be a race car with an Alfa Romeo 3.0 V6, you might be interested to see it is for sale on ebay. I have no affiliation with the seller - I just happened to have read about the car and was surprised to see it for sale.

Fiat Other Bertone | eBay

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
That's awesome! :) A Lancia Stratos knock off Lemons car! lol

·
Registered
484 Posts
Correction- ChumpCar! I was fortunate enough to race against it several times, and got my doors blown off! It is a seriously fast car, and put together by a pretty serious Alfa guy.

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
Like the clock & the dipstick access. Great piece of mechinical engineering. I would love to see this car in the flesh. Always had a soft spot for this FIAT.

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
I personally saw this car at Besic's shop twp years ago...Wow what a work of art and mechanical know how! George is a friend of Mike's and is the listed seller. He is a super guy. George connected me with the Verde I bought a few years back.

This one is a gem and I hope it goes for what it is worth!

JP

·
Super Moderator
11,579 Posts
I know both Mike and George well. Mike built this one to extend his own racing activities. Mike has quite a bit of build time in this car, and it needs to go to one that both recognizes the effort and result. As I understand it, it was brought out of it's inclosed trailer, for photos after sitting 6 months, and it fired right up with a turn of the key. A fun car for the serious driver. If it does not sell, we get to see Mike race it some more.

·
Registered
571 Posts
As the owner of both an X1/9 and an Alfa 164S, I've always wondered how the engine from the latter would work in the former. Now I know!

·
Premium Member
14,028 Posts
A road version of this would be a very cool car.

·
Super Moderator
11,579 Posts
This one could be a road version. Engine is about stock.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Yeah, I've read good things about the Acura-engine X1/9, but I'd personally never have one, it's not an Italian engine! Now an Alfa-powered X1/9, THAT pushes all my buttons.

·
Premium Member
14,028 Posts
I have an Acura TSX. It is a well mannered motor with 200HP and I also have a GTV6 with a 3.0 engine. I would prefer the Alfa v6 with Megasquirt to the Acura but I would take the Acura over the V6 with Bosch Fi.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
...... I would prefer the Alfa v6 with Megasquirt to the Acura but I would take the Acura over the V6 with Bosch Fi.

Same here!!

The K20 is a GREAT motor. And, drop it in with the 6 speed...what a car. It's been done

And a 24V variant of the X19...

I imagine any of those variants would be ferociously quick behind the wheel.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Love this little x1/9 with the big Alfa heart! I still remember as a young teenager, going to the local tennis court where a 20 something hot-shot would always show up in his euro green x1/9. Loved that car!

I hate to say this... but just envisioning the day when someone hits me and totals my 164LS which has a nicely modified engine & powertrain. I'd buy back the car from the insurance company and then sell most of my parts off, but take my highly modified 24v engine, 6sp 350C tranny with Q2 LSD and plant it in either a HAWK Stratos replica (of british origin) OR if one of a couple of Tipo33 Stradale kits actually become viable, then that would become the preferred target, price depending.

Ahhh.... visions of an Italian mid-engine super car on the 'cheap' ....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts