Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm usually not one for commenting on other's car sales but I just can't resist:

The eBay underline says "Needs Light restoration..."

Light Rust.jpg

I'm not saying the guy's trying to scam anyone - he has clearly shown with many pictures the extent of the rust - and it looks priced right in today's economy but his definition of "light restoration" and mine are are vastly different.

Unless...

By "light" he meant either that the weight of the vehicle has been reduced by the absence of solid metal or perhaps that "light" can be seen through the numerous holes. Maybe it depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is ...:whistling:

·
Premium Member
21,672 Posts
I saw that. The guy is a serious optimist. Considering what's involved in the word "restoration," I don't think there's any such thing myself. You still have to take it all apart, fix what's wrong, put it back together. Paint, upholster, repeat.

I laugh at ads for mechanical things that claim "lightly used," like kids' toys or something. Racing parts especially, a guy here in SF advertised lightly used race headers. Uh huh.

Andrew

·
Super Moderator
10,584 Posts
By "light" he meant either that the weight of the vehicle has been reduced by the absence of solid metal or perhaps that "light" can be seen through the numerous holes. Maybe it depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is ...:whistling:
The ebay ad reads: "Very Clean and Light restorable Condition". Perhaps the guy meant that the headlights need to be restored.

For those who might want to snap this puppy up, the ebay listing is at: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alfa-Romeo-Other-gtv-1974-alfa-romeo-gtv-2000-needs-light-restoration-to-be-a-daily-driver-/111465609457?forcerrptr=true&hash=item19f3de38f1&item=111465609457&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

·
Premium Member
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow - This car sold for $9,500!! Congratulations to the seller. As I said, his words might be suspect but the pictures were honest and the buyer certainly can't say he/she was surprised at the extent of the rust...

The market is clearly correcting upward for these cars (finally).

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
And to think I sold my S1 1750 GTV last year for $6.5K and it was in far better condition than this car, from what I could tell.

Oh well thats life. At least I have a Giulia 1300Ti (Super clone) in exchange for the GTV.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I reeelly don't see what the hubbub is all about.With the prodigious use of some chicken wire,Gieorgia clay and a couple of rattle cans this is light restoration.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts