Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Alfa BB,
This 1982 Spider has a few odd characteristics that I do not believe to be stock. One the headlamp covers were never to my knowledge an option on the 1980's cars. Second, the exhaust looks unlike any other exhaust i've ever seen on a 1982 car. Notice it has the two tips coming out of the center. Third Notice the wood wheel and the wood shift knob! Also is that exterior color a rather bluish black?
Chris

Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce Convertible Sports Car Restored Must Look | eBay

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
I've seen the dual tip exhaust before, can't remember the maker. The shift knob looks like the original plastic with the factory faux wood finish. '82 was the last year Kamm tail, this body design accepts the headlamp cover, '83 on won't. For $18k you'd think it would have the rubber tips at the top of the door window posts. The steering wheel is stock. The body color isn't, a blue exterior would have had a blue interior not the saddle tan.

·
Premium Member
4,528 Posts
The exhaust is the Ansa sport muffler. The color is probably correct. The color was called charcoal black and it was a metallic paint. Its hard to tell from the pictures. The headlight covers were not an option but it looks like these were installed correctly.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right so my Main question with those covers would be how did they make them fit? We're there modifications made to the body or do they just fit? Also I've seen this with many other cars, are headers rusty usually after a while of use?

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
This is just my opinion but if I see a car for sale and it's not mine, I post it in the model section ei Spider not in the For Sale section. I feel, and the moderators may not feel the same way but if I'm trying to ask a question or let fellow Alfa lovers know about a car I see for sale, it should not be in the for sale section, unless it's mine.

Having said that, I think the car looks great but $17K is maybe a bit high. Possibly a $10K car in my opinion. It seems with the return of Alfa everyone is trying to get double of what they sold for a year or two ago.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is just my opinion but if I see a car for sale and it's not mine, I post it in the model section ei Spider not in the For Sale section. I feel, and the moderators may not feel the same way but if I'm trying to ask a question or let fellow Alfa lovers know about a car I see for sale, it should not be in the for sale section, unless it's mine.

Having said that, I think the car looks great but $17K is maybe a bit high. Possibly a $10K car in my opinion. It seems with the return of Alfa everyone is trying to get double of what they sold for a year or two ago.
Yes I agree with the price sir. This price of $17,000 is what I would expect from a new fiat! However, What do you mean about the for sale page? Is there another forum that you could link me to that would be more appropriate? I have seen several other eBay links that are not other user's cars posted on here! Any link or help would be appreciated!
Chris

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
For instance if I see a car I think other members might be interested in that is for sale, I would post, lets say a Montreal in the Montreal section if it's not mine. I just feel the for sale section should be for items that the poster owns. Maybe it's just me but do we want every cool Alfa on Ebay or Craigslist posted in the for sale section? So in this case I would have put it in the Spider section saying "Nice Spider for sale, not mine but thought someone might be interested".

·
Premium Member
4,528 Posts
Right so my Main question with those covers would be how did they make them fit? We're there modifications made to the body or do they just fit? Also I've seen this with many other cars, are headers rusty usually after a while of use?
On the headlight covers. You have to add some tabs behind the fender to hold the headlamp bucket. Install the chrome trim ring. Install the cover and drill a hole for the cover bracket. You can easily change it back. Except for the hole for the cover hold down.

The headers are cast iron so they always look that way. The headers have been change to the 1974 and earlier style which is better. It could be the 1990 and later but I doubt it as there isn't a oxygen sensor hooked up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts