Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best one I have ever seen.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190150385070&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:us

Being offered here is an extremely nice Alfa Romeo sport sedan with fewer than 26K original miles. This MINT Alfa has factory air conditioning, factory sunroof & a plush interior. ...has been garage kept, well maintained and pampered for its entire life. The cream (AR-103 "Avorio") paint is original as is the brown velour interior. The current owner, the car’s third, has spent countless hours & spared no expense to properly care for, meticulously clean and maintain this automobile. The exterior, interior, trunk, engine, drive-train, under-body, suspension, brakes, wheel wells, tires and alloy wheels are all in immaculate condition.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
The owner of this car has been trying to sell for quite a while. Unfortunately, the Alfetta just hasn't yet appreciated enough to make a car in this condition sell for a reasonable amount (for the seller). I have a feeling that either this car won't sell for quite a while longer, or that someone is going to get one heck of a great deal on the car.

I happen to love the Alfetta series and the sedan (saloon) is a great car. This is probably the finest example available anywhere.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Alfetta Sedan Market Question

I'm a bit of an Alfa newbie, so I was curious what the consensus is on these cars in general. What are they worth in average, good, and excellent condition?

I have no doubt that this car deserves a premium, but what is a reasonable baseline?

Thanks in advance to the cognoscenti of this board!

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
The SCM (Sports Car Market) 2007 Price Guide pegs the 'high' value at about $3000 for an Alfetta sedan and adds that you should deduct $500 for the automatic versions.

In reality, there have been a few very nice and well-preserved Alfetta sedans which have traded recently for much more than those figures. Sports Car Market covered the sale of a restored green Alfetta sedan a year or two ago (sorry, but I couldn't find my copy of that issue just now) which I believe sold in the 9-10k range.

I would be surprised if the owner of this Alfetta would part with it for any less than $10k, and I'm sure that if it were a similarly well-kept vehicle with more interest, it would fetch well over $20k.

Just my opinion, of course!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the info...

I appreciate the data points, and I agree that they are not especially instructive when dealing with low mileage originals like this car. I was thinking that something in the neighborhood of $10K wouldn't be out of line for this car, perhaps more for the right enthusiast.

Certainly general desirability enhances the value, as you point out. The '69 GTV in Iowa with under 30K miles and priced at $29K actually doesn't sound crazy for such a car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts