Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with EB Spares in the U.K. and the sending units they sell? The GTV I bought had a replacement tank and sending unit that were purchased from EB Spares. I have been having fits trying to get the gas gauge(and a new one from Andrew) to work. EB Spares' last email read that the gauge I have will work with either Jaeger of Veglia brand gauges. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
To my knowledge Veglia-Borletti & Jaeger sending units are not interchangable and need to be matched to the gauge as they have reversed polarity, eg it will read empty when tank is full.

·
Registered
620 Posts
To my knowledge Veglia-Borletti & Jaeger sending units are not interchangable and need to be matched to the gauge as they have reversed polarity, eg it will read empty when tank is full.
True. Try switching the connections at the unit. On mine, the choices are a) always reads "full" with the low fuel warning light on, regardless of how much fuel I have and b) reads empty when full and full when empty. I have lived with the latter arrangement (plus tracking mileage) but saw somewhere else that someone had the bright idea to bend the float rod on the sending unit to compensate for the polarity issue and think I might try this.

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts