Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to see how my GTV would look with the inner lights yellow. I found that it's reasonably easy to do this mod with Lamin-X film: they sell precut versions for standard round headlights.

Basically you spray the glass with water, put the laminate on, and then squeegee it out from the center to the edge. Then trim off around the outside with an X-acto blade and you're done. One came out really well, the other one still has a few bulges at the edge, but they're not really noticeable and will maybe settle.

Supposedly the film is pretty durable, and it should be quite easy to remove in the future.

·
Registered
768 Posts
What's your impression at night with them on? Can you post a picture with them on at night (or dusk)?

·
But Mad North-Northwest
11,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dunno, I've literally never driven the car at night :LOL: That said a yellow filter doesn't actually cut as much light as you'd think since normal bulbs don't put out a lot of blue anyway.

Anyway, I was mostly just curious about how it would look, and I probably won't leave them on the car. On a normal US '74 the inner lights would be fogs, but mine's Euro spec so the inners are H1 high beams. If you want yellow fogs this is an easy way to do it, though.

·
Administrator
14,463 Posts
Is this because it snows where you guys live?

Probably should not say this, but I so hate the yellow inner headlight look ... but if it is for a reason then so be it
Pete

1 - 4 of 4 Posts