Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Playing with the Jetronic today and was fighting releasing the "U" shaped thin mental springs that lock the Bosch connectors together. Seems Bosch forgot to provide a release mechanism for these little devils!! Or is it me..too manic to see the obvious??!!
What I'm doing now is catching the little leg with an exacto knife and the wiggling the spring over the corner and then over the locking clip with the knife...very tedious..can't believe a real mechanic would put up with this method!!
Any secrets would be appreciated, I'll even accept the right way to do it or is there a cutie tool l!!!
Thanks in advance
Paul
89 Graduate

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
real mechanic

Not sure if I qualify as one, but I use my small pocket knife, maybe there is a better way try not to lose them

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
I use a jeweler's screwdriver to push out one of the legs. You don't need to take the clip all the way off. Once the little leg is on the side of the connector rather than around the back, the connector will come apart. Once the connector is apart, you can put the clip back in the right place. The connector will snap together with the clip in place, it just won't come apart like that.

·
Registered
8,118 Posts
I use a jeweler's screwdriver to push out on of the legs. You don't need to take the clip all the way off. Once the little leg is on the side of the connector rather than around the back, the connector will come apart. Once the connector is apart, you can put the clip back in the right place. The connector will snap together with the clip in place, it just won't come apart like that.
exactly how I do it.....if the legs happen to be underneath and not accessible, the tiniest jewellers screwdriver can be got under the part of the clip that you can get to and then slid around to the side...does the same job.

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
I think they are a pain in the rear!

I forget what project I was working on, but I broke a few of the plastic housings that those C rings go around on the fuel injectors.

I replaced all fuel injector connectors with this connector.

28419a_connector.jpg

To release the clip you just push down in the middle. So easy!

Good luck,

Vin

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your right Vin..that's what Bosch should of designed!!!
But looks like we kind of all get them off the same way, hook the little end of the wire and adjust it to release the snap.
It would of been much easier if Bosch gave us a millimeter or two of extra wire to catch, but after you make a billion or so it's kind of hard to reprogram the wire cutting man!!!
Guess I'll add a micro screw driver to my took kit!!
Thanks for all replies!
Paul
89 Grad

·
Registered
178 Posts
I think they are a pain in the rear!

I replaced all fuel injector connectors with this connector.

View attachment 722346

To release the clip you just push down in the middle. So easy!
Can you please identify the vendor and part number for this connector? Also, will this connector work for the CTS as well?

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Can you please identify the vendor and part number for this connector? Also, will this connector work for the CTS as well?
I bought them from my local parts store.

They are BWD. I think they are specific to fuel injectors as that is the description when I googled the part number.

IMG-20120613-00544.jpg

Not sure if they will work on CTS.

Hope this helps.

Vin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts