Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've received a lot of help here so I wanted to give back. The dreaded center air vent.

I was one of those with nothing coming out of the center vents and I saw this link http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/spider-1966-up/12550-fix-ac-center-vents-not-blowing-90-spider.html which is very good, but I found an easier way. Take the glove box out.

The tube to my vent looked just like his - and probably most everyone else's. Rather than putting the radio back in blindly and hoping not to knock the tube off, I simply took out the glove box and the radio. I was able to access it from front and back to replace the tube and then I was able to hold the tube in place through the glove box opening while I put the radio back in.

Simple fix, no extra parts and nowhere near the PIA of most everything else.

Let's not talk about getting the the vapor canister compartment cover back in place. . . .

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hey,

Thanks for the article, I have this one in my memory bank. Nice and to the point.

I've received a lot of help here so I wanted to give back. The dreaded center air vent.

I was one of those with nothing coming out of the center vents and I saw this link http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/spider-1966-up/12550-fix-ac-center-vents-not-blowing-90-spider.html which is very good, but I found an easier way. Take the glove box out.

The tube to my vent looked just like his - and probably most everyone else's. Rather than putting the radio back in blindly and hoping not to knock the tube off, I simply took out the glove box and the radio. I was able to access it from front and back to replace the tube and then I was able to hold the tube in place through the glove box opening while I put the radio back in.

Simple fix, no extra parts and nowhere near the PIA of most everything else.

Let's not talk about getting the the vapor canister compartment cover back in place. . . .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts