Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Has anyone had any hands on experience with the Eastwood 135 MIG? I will mostly need it for patch panels, floors, rust repair, etc.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hi,
Have no idea, probably a good unit, But I always wonder about parts availability with a brand X unit. I have a Miller, and at least I can go to the local supplier for repairs or needs.
Just a thought, regards Ian

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,550 Posts
Eastwood products have always been of good quality but I've never bought any tools from them. I'm sure it's made by someone else and if you can find that out you should be good to go or just ask them who makes it. All they can do is say no. I've got a Hobart which I really like but it's the only one I've ever used so I don't have anything to compare it to. I got it a couple of years ago off craigslist and just the other day ran out of wire. It was a ten pound roll and it seemed to last forever but it didn't:)

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
What ever unit you buy (I bought a used Millermatic 130 years ago) make sure it can use gas as well. I used flux core up until this year and thought I completely sucked at welding because my welds were so ugly. I finally got around to buying a regulator and a 75/25 Argon/CO2 mix and tried than and there was a huge difference. The welds looks MUCH better now! Seeing this difference I wouldn't even consider trying to do any body panel work with the flux core.

Kevin

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx for your input. Has anyone tried the Eastwood 135 unit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts