Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the parts stashes had some early synchronizer rings, offering them up here on the BB first. Have a bunch left over as seen in photos. At least one of the rings is brand new without packaging.

These style rings were used in 750 and other early Alfa transmissions, before Alfa switched to the less-costly-to-manufacture moly rings.

I also have (not pictured) early notched / grooved sliders, but only a couple good ones left.

What are they worth? You tell me! Let's find some new homes for these lonely synchro rings.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,700 Posts
750 would be for the tunnel case trans, which is a BW synchro, isn't it? So these are early split-case 101?
Andrew

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
750 would be for the tunnel case trans, which is a BW synchro, isn't it? So these are early split-case 101?
Andrew
I can't answer your question with certainty, but to add confusion: I was told that the 102/106 cars used these as well. Hopefully someone who knows for sure which cars used them can chime in.

·
Premium Member
1,642 Posts
non moly synchros

tunnel case- 750- did not use this type of " Porsche" synchro. Early split case - late 750 transition cars- 102-106 and 101, 105 to sometime in 66-67 in USA used the grooved synchro.

·
Premium Member
1,642 Posts
early synchr

P.S. I am getting ready to rebuild a 102 transmission. Not sure how many I will need but put me down for 4 synchros and 1 slider.
Let me know how much.
I will be taking the transmission apart this week.
Thanks, Karen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts