Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still looking for early Step Nose armrests...both driver and passenger side...prefer black with chrome (plastic) middle strip intact....D

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
The lower half of the arm rest is available new from most of the providers, the trim strip is sold as a spider piece and will need trimming to length, the upper padded section is the the difficult part.

·
Super Moderator
10,623 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much...my upper padded parts are fine !!!! The bottom plastic is cracked on one but I did see Alfaholics carries them and now the chrome strip....Thanks for the leads !!!!! D:taz:

·
Super Moderator
10,623 Posts
Which dimension works for the Stepnose armrest??
I can't find any paperwork from my Outwater order back in 2006. I measured the thickness of the material on a spare armrest (.05"), as well as the height of the Outwater channel on my Sprint (~ 5/16") (see first photo below). From those dimensions, I looks like I used their p/n 1964, which is the smallest mylar "U" section.

I have a bit of what I assume is original "U" channel on my spare armrest (see second photo below). That is a somewhat smaller than what I got from Outwater. The original channel is about .185" high, while the Outwater #1964 is .300 - .330". No concours judge has dinged me for that yet!

Next you're going to ask what color I ordered. Well again, I don't remember. The choices are: "Polished Chrome", "Brushed Chrome", and "Bright Chrome". My guess is that "Polished" would come closest to matching the original material, though who knows? Any original channel is close to 50 years old today and has lost any lustre it once had.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,265 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks sooooo much to everyone...D:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts