Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Push hard and live
9,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the fuel tank in my 76/77 115 Spider. The original shows no meaningful rust, inside or out, I just didn’t want to spend the time or money cleaning out the gunk inside from sitting over a decade with bad gas in it.

It has the low fuel exit, rather than the high+in tank pump.

I live in Carson City, Nevada, and sometime in the next month or two I plan to fly over to Northern California, and could toss it into the back of my plane and deliver it to a small airport near you.

You could tip me a little gas money, or offer a parts swap, but either way I’d rather it got used than haul it to the dump.

·
Premium Member
4,533 Posts
I would take it. But I'm on the east coast.

Would you ship it?

·
Push hard and live
9,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can ship, but is it worth it? I don't know cost to get there, but could easily be $200 due to cube. I'm not really interested in packing it up, driving to UPS or FEDEX, only to find out it would be $300, for which you could get a new one from the U.K.

·
Premium Member
4,533 Posts
Can you send me the measurements and weight. I can figure shipping and if its halfway reasonable. I can send you a UPS tag to tape on the box.

The repops do not have the internal baffling that the originals do.

·
Push hard and live
9,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ll try to organize the measurements. Not sure I’ve got a scale that’ll work, but maybe.

·
Premium Member
4,533 Posts
Thanks. No hurry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts