Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Bushing seems logical. However, when comparing my two 12 mm and 10 mm ones, I noticed the holes were not centered. The 10mm hole is offset toward the inside. Maybe carl can post a picture showing this.

Reed

·
Registered
66 Posts
Carl,

The bolt circle both for my driveshaft (with 10mm bushings) and gearbox fork are 100mm.
Since 00367 were dismount in end of the -60s and floor shift gearbox sold, I can't guarantee that parts are original.
I was told that column shift box and driveline would be original, but who knows..

So perhaps I will remove the 10mm bushings and use "12mm system" including flex joint for all parts.

//Bjorn

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Excellent quality photos. You made me go back and take a closer look at the two I had on my workbench. Neither has the mark near the spline teeth. One might have the caste mark on the outside; I would not have noticed it if I had not specifically been searching for it. Alfa (Borg-Warner) may have used multiple suppliers for the component.

I would go with the 12 mm bolts, which allows the standard, easily available flexible joint.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I think you are replying to my very first post in this chain. All three in your photo have the fork permanently welded to the gearbox end of the front driveshaft, which is late 750 and all 101. At the time I was looking for the early 750 type which you will find a picture of in one of the later posts.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ciao a tutti dall'Italia !
With my great surprice and pleasure,finaly I found anther guy who have my same problem....Part 1365.24006 fits not only early Berlina but also Sprint (normale and veloce) up to car number 3200 and Spider up to car number 1201
I am the owner of a very early Sprint Veloce '56 and my gearbox has the same problem,i.e. the rare screw-on pawl missing. Please,would be possible make one for me too ?
Thank you so much,
Luca. [email protected]

·
Administrator
3,901 Posts
OK chaps, I visited my engineering guy and that little pawl is going into production next week - he's been busy with a few other projects.

I'm going to make 5 of them, no idea on the price yet, but it's usually reasonable for bespoke items in small runs. There are currently 3 guys that want, so I'll keep 2 on the shelf with the tunnel case stuff in case anyone else needs one

As soon as I have them, I'll post pictures and we can sort out shipping and addresses etc from there.

It's been a busy past 2 weeks rebuilding a friend's Austin 7 Ulster engine...

Ciao
Greig

·
Administrator
3,901 Posts
Hello Bjorn & Luca

Christmas has arrived for your tunnel cases...

5 new ones, the front one is the original. My engineering friend had to buy a 20x1 tap for the internal thread

Send me a PM with your postal details - ditto anyone else needing one

Ciao
Greig

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thanks Greig,

Not sure but if made with a smaller bulb (I. Believe 18.5 mm) it could probably be used with a later style driveshaft.

Reed

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks gor the good new!
Only some questions :
Which kind of carbon steel used ?
Same size and weight of the original part?
Why is gold zynched?
Would be pissible to buy the original sample?
Price?
Thanks!!!

·
Administrator
3,901 Posts
EN8 steel, not hardened, but neither were the originals - the end of the driveshaft has a soft brass bush in it, so the pawl doesn't need to be harder than it is. They can be hardened if required.

Not sure why you would want the original, it has a flat spot on the round end which must have happened when the Guibo started to break down and the nut end was pressed up against the inside of the driveline bush plus the nut section has a few light scars from spanners, the reproduction ones are better as the end is round and true.

The engineering works yellow passivated them - they were originally cadmium plated, but this process is getting harder to find due to environmental issues. the original had light rust on the surface, it's under the car, deep inside the gearbox yoke and is covered by the Guibo or donut. I can spray one to replicate the original.

Ciao
Greig

·
Administrator
3,901 Posts
They cost me ZAR 1500 each or 95 Euro, you can have them at cost + postage in a bubble envelope - I will price this for you

Paypal is good - I will give you the address to use via PM

Ciao
Greig

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hello again Greig

I don't feel confortable with AlfaBB's Control panel for PM's..

Can't see if my PM's has been sent :frown2:
My "Sent" folder is empty..

Did you received the latest with my adress etc?

best regards
Bjorn

Thanks Greig

Looks perfect!
PM sent

//Bjorn

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi, I'd want to know another info : which is the size of the exagon? mm.32 or mm.27 ?
Thanks in advance,Luca.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts