Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if these hub caps are reproduced?

If not. I'm looking for 4 used ones in decent shape or better.

These are the ones that are held on by 4 clips not the bosses that are made into the rim.

Thanks

Attachments

·
9,938 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
I do believe that I have some pristine ones in my Alfa cave though for a Junior (this means that they are all chrome with the alfa logo embossed in the steel.... yes the first series had chromed caps and not stainless steel ones FWIW)

I assume that you're hunting the ones for the veloce, with the plastic rim?

Let me know if its of interest.

Kind regards,

Thomas

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the delay. I'm not getting my email notices again.

I looking for the ones with the plastic ring.

I'm wanting to use them on a set of TZ/Ti Super rims.

The car is a nice user so I'm not looking for perfect caps.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hello Jim,

Whenever there is no specific type of hubcap you search, I can share with you the set up I've used on my GT.

I went for the Giulia 1600 hubcap as it's more flat compared to the GT Veloce version.

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello Jim,

Whenever there is no specific type of hubcap you search, I can share with you the set up I've used on my GT.

I went for the Giulia 1600 hubcap as it's more flat compared to the GT Veloce version.

Thanks for the pictures.

Thats the one I'm looking for.

Do you know if there available anywhere or do I have to find them used?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
21,138 Posts
Giulietta hubcaps will fit; I have them on TI Super wheels on my Super. The early Giulia hubcaps are functionally identical to Giulietta ones, using the four clips, and not the built-in raised tangs on the wheel ridge. The have the faired outer edge instead of raised.
Andrew

Attachments

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Folks,

bringing this threat to the forefront as I "think" I am running the wrong hubcaps on the 64/65 TI.

Me thinks the ones pictured her on the stepnose are the right ones. The transition from rim of hubcap to wheel is smooth.

The one I run (Repros) have an edge and that transition is more of a step.

I am I wrong? Of course, could be that I also run the wrong wheels but me thinks not ...

Where to get those on the stepnose?

Attachments

·
9,938 Posts
could be that I also run the wrong wheels but me thinks not
Mike:

Your wheels are right for those hubcaps. But that wheel/hubcap pairing may be wrong for an early car.

To outfit your TI with the style of hubcap shown in Jim G's post #6, you'll need to change your wheels to the type that have clips and no pressed-in humps. You'll also need to obtain the flatter type of hubcap, which unfortunately, only seem to be available used.

Another interesting point: The wheels in Jim G's photo have rectangular, rather than round holes. But I've also seen early 105 steel wheels that accept the clip-on hubcaps with round holes (like the one in the drawing in post #1).

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hi Jim
Are these the type you are looking for ? Not for sale but as you can see they only fit early wheels .
IMG_2381.JPG

IMG_2380.JPG

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Mike, if you want to give yourself a headache we have discussed steel wheels at length in this thread:

https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/sedan-1962-1977/189453-early-super-ti-15-steel-wheels.html

Ti's all had the wheels with the clips I'm pretty sure
Thanks for this. Found the threat and it looks like I have to dive in to
a) determine if I have the right wheels
b) what hubcaps are right

Fair to assume that the ones pictured in the last post before mine by @shane1750 are attached with clips (Assume the tiny holes in the wheel is where the clips would attach to)?

Mike

·
9,938 Posts
Fair to assume that the ones pictured in the last post before mine by MENTION=28788]shane1750[/MENTION] are attached with clips (Assume the tiny holes in the wheel is where the clips would attach to)?
Yes. Those four pairs of small holes, spaced around the larger holes for the mounting studs, are where the clips are riveted (the clips are missing on the wheel in shane1750's photo).

At least you shouldn't have trouble obtaining the clips; they are no doubt the same ones used on 750/101 wheels, which are being reproduced. See p/n 750-033 from Classic Alfa:

Note the circular depression in the wheel in shane1750's photo, where the outer rim of the hubcap would contact the wheel. Later 105 wheels - the ones with the four pressed-in humps to retain the hubcaps - don't have that depression. So I don't think you could convert your later wheels to accept the earlier hubcaps simply by drilling 8 holes and installing the clips. (Oh, and those four humps would interfere too!)

·
9,938 Posts
Those hubcaps look like they might be the clip-on style, though it's hard to tell for sure.

I have bought used/dented caps on ebay in the past (the later style) and had Speedway Polishing in Santa Ana polish and straighten them. Speedway is located at: 1979 Ritchey St, Santa Ana, CA 92705 (714) 542-7778.

That Italian hubcap auction references another ebay auction for a 105 clip-on type wheel. Unfortunately, the seller just has one. See: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cerchio-fergat-15-Alfa-Romeo-gt-scalino-duetto-t-i-super-Giulia-bollino-oro/183775671119?_trkparms=aid%3D333200%26algo%3DCOMP.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20171012094517%26meid%3D1a434e9354cb432eae235c8a685ae0ce%26pid%3D100008%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D333205450933%26itm%3D183775671119%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100008.m2219

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Mike, if you want to give yourself a headache we have discussed steel wheels at length in this thread:

https://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/sedan-1962-1977/189453-early-super-ti-15-steel-wheels.html

Ti's all had the wheels with the clips I'm pretty sure
So I perused this threat and it is awesome but indeed headache inducing. And I thought Porsche people are anal ... :)

Anyway, I think I run the wrong/ later style wheels with the humps for hubcaps. Looks like these were introduced on the Super. For the 105.08 TIs, it looks like that the flat hole wheels with clips are the right ones. Strange, as all five of my wheels are of the same kind, the car is highly original and the wheels are appropriately patinated that's in sync with condition of the rest of car. But then again, anything can come from a different car at some point.

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I perused this threat and it is awesome but indeed headache inducing. And I thought Porsche people are anal ... :)

Anyway, I think I run the wrong/ later style wheels with the humps for hubcaps. Looks like these were introduced on the Super. For the 105.08 TIs, it looks like that the flat hole wheels with clips are the right ones. Strange, as all five of my wheels are of the same kind, the car is highly original and the wheels are appropriately patinated that's in sync with condition of the rest of car. But then again, anything can come from a different car at some point.

Mike
I know how you feel. When I started this post all I wanted was to locate 4 decent used ones.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I noted where I could send my 4 hubcaps for my Duetto to have chromed and repaired. Who might do the plastic ring? All of mine are either missing a tab, scratched or faded. I have 1 Gold and the rest silver. Not sure where the Gold one came from. It was in a box from a friend.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts