Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I first came across this when I was browsing through youtube and came across a show called "GearzTV". I was immediately hooked on the show.. Basically the guy showed how to do custom work on cars...i.e putting a Ford V8 into a Mazda MX-5 (Miata) and new body work and stuff.
Anyways, the host endorsed these spark plugs called E3 Spark Plugs.

Here's the youtube video....

There are other videos out there where he visits a major research institute and discusses the plugs in detail... but from what I can gather, these plugs are pretty good.

There are mixed reviews online about and basically one or two bad experiences which makes me wonder if anyone over here has tried them...

So... has anyone tried them???

·
Registered
what part?
10,523 Posts
... from what i understand,, the spark will go to the nearest ground.. the rest just shroud the flame start..i had bosch 2 plat. on my car for a while, went to copper single ground plugs.. feels better.. idles better, one thing about plat. plugs, they were designed for 100,000 mile tune up cars. plat. plugs just flash over at lower voltage, to compasate for slow degration of the ignition system.. lots of americans do not take car for there cars very well.. i have seen on many time sean 8-15 year old brake fluid, 100.000+ transmission oil, and diff. oil...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
... from what i understand,, the spark will go to the nearest ground.. the rest just shroud the flame start..i had bosch 2 plat. on my car for a while, went to copper single ground plugs.. feels better.. idles better, one thing about plat. plugs, they were designed for 100,000 mile tune up cars. plat. plugs just flash over at lower voltage, to compasate for slow degration of the ignition system.. lots of americans do not take car for there cars very well.. i have seen on many time sean 8-15 year old brake fluid, 100.000+ transmission oil, and diff. oil...
Being an American, I'm pretty sure you must be familiar with GearzTV and Stacey David. From what I can gather is that he doesn't endorse anything if it doesn't work. Probably right or wishful thinking (after all E3 is one the main sponsors of the show I think)...
Whether hype or not, from other videos out there, I can gather that these are the real deal and they are doing actual R&D at Michigan Tech. So it could be something real. Besides.. search on youtube for "The Clunker Show" and Stacey himself shows how these plugs work.

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
waste... of... money

And in fact will mask the spark making for poorer running just as bianchi1 said.
Same thing w/Bosch +4 and a few other variations on the theme.

A *spark down inside a hole pretty useless as the A/F mixture cannot get decent exposure to it, so has a harder time igniting than if it were exposed to a conventional tipped plug.

Light a cigarette indoors with a regular lighter in the normal way.
Then, hold the lighter flame up inside a toilet paper tube and try to light another one.
Which one was easier to do?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts