Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bayonet pins are out but not sure of next step to remove, help please.....

·
Registered
what part?
10,272 Posts
remove the cable from the shoes.. then wiggle them out,you mght need to turn axle at the square par is moved so you can wiggle them out, no need to remove the springs at this point.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
remove the cable from the shoes.. then wiggle them out,you mght need to turn axle at the square par is moved so you can wiggle them out, no need to remove the springs at this point.
Looked again, not quite understanding how this happens, please explain

·
Registered
8,872 Posts
the manual says to pull the shoes out with springs attached (manual probably takes it you have the hubs already removed!)...........but when I tried that last time there was no way those springs stretched over the hub, those springs are darn strong!

following a tip on BB, I removed the thinner spring on the shoes, with that removed I jiggled the shoes out over the hub.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still confused on how to do this. Removal of the cable seems impossible, how can this be done. Or, if I remove the spring or springs, I assume the smaller one is best, correct. It's very tight how can this me done?

·
Registered
8,872 Posts
yes, it is very tight!
having a brake shoe spring release tool helps
Headlight And Brake Spring Hook

I didn't have one so I looped a length of strong wire around the hook of the thinner spring, tied the wire to something to make a T handle (I used a hammer) that you can comfortably grasp with both hands to pull the spring.......a second helper to clip the hook 'out' from the hole in the shoe with a screwdriver or something helps, as it needs to be pulled down and then out.

but the tool is easier!

·
Registered
what part?
10,272 Posts
remove the adjuster, it will make it easyer

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys figured it out worked both ways

·