Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody replaced their e-brake handle with something snazzy?
I'm thinking black leather or maybe something carbon fiber (I know, I'm a ricer)

Just looking for ideas and maybe sources.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I got a mahogany one from Spider point...looks a lot nicer than the beige "pleather" one. Decent price too I think. Matches my shifter and one day...the steering wheel.

I originally ordered one from Caribou but who needs to hear about that!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a mahogany one too,to go with wheel and shift knob. Also replaced ashtray with a mahogany bin to hold a phone etc.I'll take a picture and post it. It'll take time - I still use film:p

·
Registered
67 Posts
Here is the mahogany detail in my 84 Spider. The previous owner took out the AC and cut out the bottom of the console where the AC control and lighter were instead of disconnecting it. I'll try to find a photo of what it looked like when I got it. I bought a new Alfa lighter to to fit as seen below.
Courtney
:cool:
OK- I never posted an image before. When I figure it out, you'll see

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Courtney:
Look for the section that says "Attach File" below the box where you type your reply. Use the "Browse" button to find the file you want to post.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Jeff,
I imagine it wouldn't be cost effective for him to make just one.Thats why I mentioned the possibility of a number of Alfisti,and not just Spider owners,wanting one.When he made mine,he made a second at the same time,I gave it to a friend with a '76 Spider. If you want, PM me,I'll get you in touch with him directly,but I think making a bunch of them is more realistic
Courtney:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
e brake handle

I would be interested in an E brake handle for my 93 spider. I would also be interested in a matching shifter handle, and any trim pieces he coild make for the console.

Thanks
John

·
Registered
67 Posts
Anyone know if all Spiders E- brake handle would be the same size? Diameter? Screw hole size,spacing? Other models,GTV etc? If a dozen or so wanted one he could make them,He said he has solid mahogany around.
John (acuhealth) what other trim have you thought up? My situation was caused by the previous owner (see post above) cutting the console. I prefer the mahogany bin,I only used the ashtray to hold toll money anyway. I'll get a close up of it posted.
Courtney:)

·
Registered
325 Posts
I believe it to be real wood. The Palm Pilot pics I took don't do it justice...it looks really nice. The wooden handle does not have set screw holes in the bottom like the rubber one does and the hole is a little larger than the metal shaft. I just wrapped the ebrake shaft with thread tape until I made up the difference and now it stays in place by friction. I didn't want to try putting the handle in a vice and drilling a hole...etc. Its a cheezy solution but the handle stays put.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts