Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Couple of things - its for an Alpha Romeo whatever that is and it looks a bit DIY, think your better off getting the Classic Alfa one - yes it is expensive but you wont regret it and it has much more flexibility than this - you could always make your own, although tying a big sheet of plastic to the already weak headrests doesn't sound like a good idea to me

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, but . . .

Hello BMX -

Yes, the Classic Alfa deflector is a better-looking unit.

On the other hand, I usually use a boot to covers the folded top and really like that look. The CA deflector fastens to the frame pivots, so I'd have to give up the boot, or have the boot altered to clear the pivots.

The lexan screen is available with clear vinyl strtaps, which ought to be less obtrusive.

Any other thoughts?

David O'D
Irvine CA

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
There are a few threads on the BB that show homemade wind deflectors.

Here are a few to get you thinking.

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/spider-1966-up/436385-redneck-wind-deflector.html

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/spider-1966-up/44853-wind-deflector-brand.html

I used the design made by Paradiso shown here.

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/spider-1966-up/1512-rear-wind-deflector.html

See mine at post 51

I also made some brackets so that the front seats are independant of the deflector.

IMG_00000181.jpg

Good luck,

Vin

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hello BMX -

Yes, the Classic Alfa deflector is a better-looking unit.

On the other hand, I usually use a boot to covers the folded top and really like that look. The CA deflector fastens to the frame pivots, so I'd have to give up the boot, or have the boot altered to clear the pivots.

The lexan screen is available with clear vinyl strtaps, which ought to be less obtrusive.

Any other thoughts?

David O'D
Irvine CA
Hi David, a friend of mine has an S4 with a tonneau and wind deflector, apparently its not a big deal as the tonneau only needs minor mods, - I've just spotted a fundamental flaw with this one, what happens to the seat belts? (they are missing from the pics) - the over the shoulder part of the belt will have to travel underneath the screen then up to the back of the seat which means you have considerable slack in the belt because its trapped by the screen and in the event of an accident the screen will fly forward (pivoted up by the belt) and the slack means you'll hit the steering wheel - the CA one doesn't drop behind the seat that far so that's not an issue even for mine which uses the S3 type shoulder retainers:
I'd steer well clear

·
Premium Member
3,510 Posts
I've just spotted a fundamental flaw with this one, what happens to the seat belts? (they are missing from the pics) - the over the shoulder part of the belt will have to travel underneath the screen then up to the back of the seat which means you have considerable slack in the belt because its trapped by the screen and in the event of an accident the screen will fly forward (pivoted up by the belt) and the slack means you'll hit the steering wheel - the CA one doesn't drop behind the seat that far so that's not an issue even for mine which uses the S3 type shoulder retainers:
I'd steer well clear
With Paradiso's design, that is not a concern.

152_5230.jpg

BTW, I love my windblocker. You can have a normal conversation with someone and you can hear your music even when on the highway.

I highly recommend it.

Good luck,

Vin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts