1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
We have seen this car before. It was sitting in a storage facility along with a another that was pretty rusted. The interior has certainly seen better days, but the outside of the car doesn't look so bad. Its definetly a project, however its still got some things going for it. I hope it goes to a good home.

Will

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
"Sitting" outside in Palm Springs is equivalent to putting a marshmallow on a stick over a fire. The interior is so dried out, it will likely blow away to bare metal if you sneeze inside the car. :p

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Sitting" outside in Palm Springs is equivalent to putting a marshmallow on a stick over a fire. :p
:(Know what ya' mean. 15 minutes forgetting to put her SPF35 on.

Everybody sing - Burn baby burn, disco inferno .....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
ewwww!!! I just made the same face as that kid. :eek::eek: What is going on with that bikini top? It reminds me of a tied up roasted pork...:eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone. I am new to this group but I did buy the '69 GTV in Palm Springs. Yes, the interior is pretty bad. All of the mechanicals seem to be there though. A few rust spots in what I understand are the usual places, but the trunk and floors are solid. One part I'll need some help with is the brake fluid reservoir. It's cracked. I'm sure I'll be asking many more questions of you all in the comming year. This seems like a great group with many helpful members.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Hello everyone. I am new to this group but I did buy the '69 GTV in Palm Springs. Yes, the interior is pretty bad. All of the mechanicals seem to be there though. A few rust spots in what I understand are the usual places, but the trunk and floors are solid. One part I'll need some help with is the brake fluid reservoir. It's cracked. I'm sure I'll be asking many more questions of you all in the comming year. This seems like a great group with many helpful members.
Welcome to the BB!

We will look forward to seeing pictures (we love pics! :)) of your progress.

Best regards,

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Welcome to the board. You should post to the GTV portion of the forum and tell us a little more about the car. It looks like its a pretty solid car, aside from the interior being baked. Whats the serial number? Of the 2 69 105.51s that originally were together, the one you have is the better of the 2. I'm glad it went to a person here on the board. I look forward to seeing the restoration take place.

Will

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts