·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Saw it.

Is the body authentic? Or a faithful reproduction?

·
Registered
9,317 Posts
There is a reference in the auction text to www.classicscars.com -- which means Philippe Olczyk might be involved.

·
Registered
215 Posts
1900 Barchetta

Is Olczyk a dealer ? And is he really based in Belgium? How would this car be inspecte in Italy?

Anyone know anything about the other vehicles he is currently selling?

·
Registered
9,317 Posts
Is Olczyk a dealer ? And is he really based in Belgium? How would this car be inspecte in Italy?

Anyone know anything about the other vehicles he is currently selling?
Google for his name and you'll get a much better idea than what can be explained here.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Wait...wait...I am going to store right now to buy me a 12-pack so I can come back and watch the show with this thread.

Anyone have any pretzels?

·
Super Moderator
10,393 Posts
Is that a twin-plug 1900 with downdraft Webers? What series of Alfa used such an engine?

One of the gauges (ammeter?) looks a bit odd - too contemporary. Otherwise, at least from the ebay photos, if it's a bitsa/repro, it's a pretty good one.

I would have liked more pictures of the brakedrums (just kidding!)

I also liked this text in the ebay ad: "I'm not in a hurry to sale it on ebay, we can take time and move forward after end the auction." I guess that one slipped by the ebay censors!

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
If repro, a beauty for sure. Why can't anyone make a new car this pretty?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Is that a twin-plug 1900 with downdraft Webers? What series of Alfa used such an engine?

One of the gauges (ammeter?) looks a bit odd - too contemporary. Otherwise, at least from the ebay photos, if it's a bitsa/repro, it's a pretty good one.

I would have liked more pictures of the brakedrums (just kidding!)

I also liked this text in the ebay ad: "I'm not in a hurry to sale it on ebay, we can take time and move forward after end the auction." I guess that one slipped by the ebay censors!
I'm guessing the reserve is too high...
The other 1900 Barchetta the seller sold is on the
website and is indeed a beautiful car. There is a reference to "Bandini" in that listing (eteceterini?). Even if these cars were created out of thin air, they are head turners. My Alfa 1900 book by Garcia doesn't reference this Special. Someone out there has the answers??

·
Registered
9,317 Posts
Someone please tell me, is it real????
The absence of any period race pictures or documented ownership history tells a story in itself, doesn't it?

·
Registered
9,317 Posts
Oh, and wouldn't you expect a picture or two of the car before the "restoration" ?

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Yep, O****k is the seller - he always signs off with "regards". It's obviously a Giordanengo bitsa. I pity the poor s.o.b. who unwittingly purchases that car just because it has a pretty body. Caveat emptor, as always ...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yep, O****k is the seller - he always signs off with "regards". It's obviously a Giordanengo bitsa. I pity the poor s.o.b. who unwittingly purchases that car just because it has a pretty body. Caveat emptor, as always ...
thats exactly why i joined this board!! whats a Giordanengo?

·
Registered
7 Posts
docs added

seller added this documentation..can anyone translate? Does this prove its real? what is the serial number? whats that language on the bottom.? Car is at 65k and still reserve not met.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
not true at all, giordanengo built ferrari, not small alfa. in italy you can find a lots of cars like theses one if you known where to look

1 - 20 of 82 Posts