Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
17,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to put our GTV6 on a dyno next Saturday. (the local MG club does this from time to time - I've done my MGB so this time I'll bring the GTV6).

My question is, where should we attach the restraining straps? To the Dedion tubes?

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Eric,

my 86 GTV6 went on the chassis dyno several times since a friend of mine has a 4WD dyno.
He does mainly Alfa, Lancia and Maserati and race cars, I just checked with him to be sure how he put the straps.
On Milano and 85-86 GTV he puts straps into the outer holes in the welded cross member of the torsion bars pointing to the rear and the other straps pointing to the front into the bolted subframe of the rear axle next to the 3 bolts on each side.
On pre-85 GTV he puts the straps pointing to the rear on the welded cross member where the steering rack is on. I put some pictures which I hope are of any help.

If I look at your picture I don't see any rail in the floor where you can put the straps, how do you plan to do this?

Cheers, Jeroen

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, no videos of an Alfa being launched off the dyno. Straps around the dedion tube under the rear spring perches worked fine.

Spec's: stock 2.5L, stock camshafts (intake clearance = 0.016", exhaust clearance = 0.08"), max ignition advance ~ 38 degrees. Engine has 155,000 miles - good compression, doesn't use oil but has a bit of clatter (which may be rod knock?). Using regular gas (87 octane), ambient temps in the 90's. We made runs in 4th gear from ~2000 rpm to 6000 rpm.

I made two runs and swapped AFM's to see if one was better than the other (I had one that came with the car and a spare). Both worked well - good A/F ratios (~ 13:1 under the above test conditions).

Results: 134.6 SAE rwhp, 138.4 ft-lbs torque

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts