Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased seat covers and a roll of blue fabric from World Upholstery to redo the interior door panels and the soft top boot cover on my '84 Spider which nicely matches my dashboard and console only to find they don't make a dye that matches that fabric. Any ideas on where I could get custom dye in spray cans to match the color I need in a matte finish like the original?

Thanks in advance,

David

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
World Upholstery custom matched spray dye for us when my son and I were working on his GTV 6 interior (2015). Just call them, send them a sample, and they can mix it for you. They matched the naugahyde on his seats perfectly.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
World Upholstery custom matched spray dye for us when my son and I were working on his GTV 6 interior (2015). Just call them, send them a sample, and they can mix it for you. They matched the naugahyde on his seats perfectly.
Yes, that is normally the case. However, even though this is their own upholstery fabric, they have told me via email and over the phone that they cannot match a dye to this particular color of fabric. So, I am looking for alternatives for custom dyes. Someone suggested covering the dashboard in the WUP fabric, which would probably look great, but I'm thinking I'd like to try a less drastic approach and just dye it.

The dashboard was originally blue and has a really crappy repaint of red. I've been slowly removing the red paint with rubbing alcohol, but it's taking forever, hence my thought of just stripping off all of the dye and re-dying it blue.

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
14 Posts
Also try Andy at Seat Doctor up in Rockford, IL. I just sent him a sample of my interior color to match. We shall see!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts