Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Once I finish the next batch of DCOE Return Spring Brackets these cam cards will be in the works. I have two styles happening, one similar to the conventional Shankle design used to check and scribe new marks and another version that allows you to verify the marks without removing the caps.

Hoping to offer two price points. Cheaper in bamboo and a bit more expensive in stainless.

More to come...

20200423_123150.jpg

Alex

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,983 Posts
They look good.

·
Premium Member
13,983 Posts
102 was the stock ex timing for the SPICA cars except 75-76 which were 114 - according to the Shankle manual.

·
Super Moderator
11,551 Posts
Nicer than my old aluminum ones with stamped marks! I need 2!

·
Premium Member
4,510 Posts
I'll take a set of these either in aluminum or wood. Verify the marks without removing the caps. Would prefer aluminum.

I have the factory tool for the other style.

Thanks

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@andylarry @tom freiberger You have been added to the list.

Here is an early protoype of the over cam version in play. This is a head from an 1981 Spider (with intake timing of 118 degrees). I think it is more suited for setting the cam and checking the timing than it is verifying the cam cap marks as it is hard to see through the gap. I played with the idea of a transparent acrylic version, but it was too brittle (poly-carbonate does not cut well on a laser). I think this style in conjunction with the other would be the complete package. Beyond that you should be using a degree wheel.

The final will have an extended base to be more stable on the gasket surface of the head.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Attachments

·
Registered
610 Posts
Please put me in line for the more expensive ones.
I'm spending my kids money so what the hell.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts