Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could not start my car today . Battery is fully charged ,checked fuses,all good. The fuel pump is dead silent. I'm new to the car ,Quickly crawled under car as far as i could fit, took this pic . Is this my fuel pump ? If so what type is it ?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,199 Posts
Yeah, that's a fuel pump. Looks like a Facet cube type, or some similar brand.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Generally those are reliable, but if you are new to the car, who knows how old it is or the condition of the electrical connections.
If you can, put a test light or meter between the hot wire and ground to see if there is voltage.

·
Super Moderator
10,363 Posts
Generally those are reliable, but if you are new to the car, who knows how old it is or the condition of the electrical connections. If you can, put a test light or meter between the hot wire and ground to see if there is voltage.
Right - Most likely the pump simply isn't getting current. It is less likely that the pump has failed. It could be bad, but I wouldn't buy a replacement until I verified that the wiring is OK.

Note that this isn't the factory pump. Facet pumps are sold everywhere - your local auto parts chain carries them. If you have carbs (and I'm betting that you do), you want the lowest pressure pump available - like 3 or 4 psi.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts