Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting caught in the rain at night late last summer, I decided it was time to do something about the slow wipers. I pulled and cleaned, and re greased the wiper motor in the Duetto today. It was an easy job and what an improvement! Of course on an over 50 year old car there's always something else worn. The ball joints where the motor mounts to the transmission are shot. Unless someone has a works around, looks like I'm ordering one from Classic Alfa.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[Is your car a US car? If so the wiper assembly is not the same as an European Duetto , it can be made to work but the drivers side arm has to be shortened. Here some pictures of my car as to illustrate the issue.]
Is yours a 1969? Mine is a '67. The short arm attached in the slot next to where yours is mounted

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
Is it that the steel ball portion worn or the plastic bushings I found some replacement bushings that were an american car at the local parts store that ùI had to slightly modify to work on a BMW 2002 wiper assembly that I restored Maybe something there would fit the Alfa I went through all the ones that they had on a rack till I found what could work Maybe worth a bit of time to have a look

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
My car is a 69 usa thus the 2nd closer mount. The 67 is as all of the wiper assembly that CA sells. Lucky you. Good luck

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My car is a 69 usa thus the 2nd closer mount. The 67 is as all of the wiper assembly that CA sells. Lucky you. Good luck
I really wish that the parts vendors would properly list their parts. They lump all the Round Tail Spiders together. I've been looking for a dash board. They list them as 1966 thru 1969 Duetto, but they all have the slanted studs for a 1969. They would save us a lot of work if we didn't have to modify new parts to make them fit, because they were listed wrong.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Right on, somedays it is worth looking thru all that stuff, never know what you may find that will work on our cars. What was the Dorman number for the Duetto, when I get around to doing my car, I will need some

Thanks, Rick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts