Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could a kind soul supply a diagram for proper positioning of the 1967 Alfa Romeo Duetto trunk script?
Thank you,
Wes

·
Registered
7,651 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh great! Thanks so much. I tried search a couple times, but something around 449 responses from the website.
Yes, Bob Little is a great Alfabb'r

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
I pick mine up tomorrow. I'll get you some photos and measurements.
Cheers, Jon

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Wes, this is the position on my 67 Spider. If you need more let me know. It might be easier to make a pattern of the underside

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jon: I'm looking for a new script with the same three stud pattern for the "Romeo" as you show in the picture since replacements all appear to only have two studs... if a replacement piece, do you remember where you found it???

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
I am sure they are the original script. I do remember buying a partial set years ago. I don't recall however if it was the Alfa or the Romeo piece. I recall it was from Difattia Bros. They are closing out business so give them a call.
Cheers, Jon

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, please make a pattern on a piece of paper if you wouldn't mind.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
If anyone needs these trunk script pieces, definitely try finding an original set.
The reproductions are significantly different (IMO).
If you can I've with the different shape of the script, the mounting studs are certainly in the wrong positions.
They might be correct for some other Alfa, but not for a Duetto.

Original

Reproduction

BTW - if you're still needing help with where to place these on the trunk lid, I can make a template for you.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, a lot of reproduction parts are a disappointment. I bought some hubcaps and I could not get them on. If they are so hard to get on, say you could finally get them on, do you really want to struggle trying to get them off again and messup your paint?
I have a bunch of hubcaps with minor dings, easily straightened locally, but where to get logos?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Franjo Mokina is the only one who could make these hubcap surrounds, or proper scripts. No one else out there has the inclination or will to make proper reproductions. It is an artform, and you either have an artful eye, or you don't.

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Wes,
Are you using a trunk lid from a 67 or another year? The years with block letters are slightly different on the underside. It would be great if velocewhippet can provide the pattern as my Spider is no accessible right now.
Cheers,Jon

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very clever. Ingenious. Bob Little, mentioned earler, sold his Duetto. My next Duetto will have this on the back. It has stickum, so no big deal for future reversals.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Drilled the holes. Not for the jittery or faint of heart. The template was great. I downloaded it to pictures and resized it on Microsoft Paint until I settled on a 78% reduction and taped it in position. I used touchup paint on the drilled exposed metal and put silicone on the studs with insertion. I like it and I have been dreading this "intervention," but it worked out great. The holes for the license plate holder were visible inside so that is next. Painting it up now, and it is drying next to the fireplace.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts