Lug Wrench
Pliers (Not Correct)
Screwdrivers (Not Correct)

$300.00 shipped in the states

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That bag came in my moms Duetto when bought new in the late 1960’s The car was pulled out of storage last March.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oops. I miss-read your post. I thought you said the bag and lug wrench were not original. My mistake.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh...that’s no antenna. Hehe

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
You can get a new hardtop, but they don't come with vinyl anymore like the old Parrish Plastics hardtops. One of the best buys I ever made for quiet.
Your Mom had good taste in sports cars. Keep it in the family. Don't sell anything.
Seriously considering the new Corvette. Working on a V6 Alfa because both are just toooooo cool.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She does have good taste in cars. We used to go to the grocery store in anything from an early 190 SL to a 3.8 S Jag.
I’m a Porsche guy so the Corvette is kind of out of the question for me, as cool as it is.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Go take a look at the Corvette when the initial "gotta have it now" hysteria dies down. It has my interest. I just sat in it, but it feels very fast just sitting in it, lol. Might change your mind and you can feel patriotic.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Can the experts comment if this toolkit was shared with other and earlier Alfas? More specifically, is it correct for a 64 TI sedan? - Thanks.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Somewhere around 1963/64 the bag switched from the Giulietta style to the smaller bag shown above. Even later cars have been known to come with the Giulietta style bag so it could have been Alfa using up inventory. Three different smaller bags (like the one shown) have been documented. Two were heavy canvas (shown), with either a single or double snap, the third bag was a lighter material (muslin) with a single snap. There is no documentation from the factory on when they switched bags so the long answer is, yes, that bag could have been used on your 64 TI. It would have come with a Philips and Standard screwdriver, a 19x21 spark plug wrench, 160mm cross-hatch pliers, a tommy bar and a 22mm lug nut wrench (shown). Some may also have come with the 14 x 17 hex drain wrench but it's unclear if they all did.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
It looks a bit dark for a Duetto. The Duetto had a green canvas toolkit. I can put a picture up if you want to see a correcto toolkit.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My ‘66 GTC had a green canvas bag. When I bought the car in 2016 it had been in a garage near my home since 1981. Same house that had a Sunbeam Tiger in the drive which was there when I played Tball at a school nearby when I was ten years old. Finally bought the Tiger as well in March of this year.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It looks a bit dark for a Duetto. The Duetto had a green canvas toolkit. I can put a picture up if you want to see a correcto toolkit.
Go take a look at the Corvette when the initial "gotta have it now" hysteria dies down. It has my interest. I just sat in it, but it feels very fast just sitting in it, lol. Might change your mind and you can feel patriotic.
took your advice. Bought a torch red 2lt z51 with 321 miles. Pretty fast. Probably faster than my F430. Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts