Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Looking to find out what style. length and size are the screws for Duetto tail light lens. Need to know if they are bevelled philips, cheesehead philips or something else.

Thanks, Rick

·
Super Moderator
10,607 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes saw those, I think that the closest are the cheese head screw Any ideas on what the lengths are?

Thanks, Rick

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
Rick,
Does this help?
Cheers, Jon

Attachments

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hi,

Fwiw, according to the Carello catalog the screw at the turn light side of the lens has another ref. #, so it would be different from the two other. I have no further details found and have no model, sorry.

Thierry

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hi Rick,

Here is what I found in the 1971 Carello catalog.
#1 and #2 are the screws ( 'vite' in Italian)
The Carello numbers for the screws are different from the ones in the Alfa Duetto parts catalog, so Carello changed the screws or the screw # s during the years.
Maybe someone else can show a detailed picture from that one screw. It looks that it has less thread ??

Thierry

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes forgot about those fellows, I would assume that they are a .75 pitch instead of the usual .70 pitch looked everywhere for 7.5 pitch screws and could not find them I am tempted to drill out the original captive nuts and glue in some .7 pitch rivnuts then I can get the screws from Mcmaster Carr for cheap for a lot. Have to give this some more thought

Thanks, Rick

·
Super Moderator
10,607 Posts
I would assume that they are a .75 pitch instead of the usual .70 pitch looked everywhere for 7.5 pitch screws and could not find them
Are you sure they are a non-standard pitch? The thread I reference in post #2 says they have the common .7 pitch (see the final post in that thread, written by gprocket). And I recall using locally-sourced screws - with their heads ground down - for this application.

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
11,994 Posts
Yes forgot about those fellows, I would assume that they are a .75 pitch instead of the usual .70 pitch looked everywhere for 7.5 pitch screws and could not find them I am tempted to drill out the original captive nuts and glue in some .7 pitch rivnuts then I can get the screws from Mcmaster Carr for cheap for a lot. Have to give this some more thought

Thanks, Rick

WHAT? Rick, you will cause a bigger problem by doing that. The heat generated by the drill bit could melt the plastic. You'll also run the risk of the bit yanking the rivnut out and causing damage to the housing.

The thread pitch is 0.7.

All screws are M4. The long one is 20mm and the sort one 16mm.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts