Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of determining exactly what is on my Duetto before tearing it down. This car has a Blaupunkt radio. My father says it can get shortwave! That is so unusual in the US, it has to be original...

Anyone know for sure?

Arne

·
Registered
666 Posts
:confused: I believe all Duettos came with a Pininfarina radio blank off plate- the dealers installed radios as an option, and the Blaupunkt is more than likely period correct for a '67 vintage car, although probably not factory installed. Anyone know for sure? My Duetto still has the original blank off plate, but I'm considering a remote stereo/CD installation in the trunk, if it can be done cleanly. I understand some marine stereo applications may work- any opinions?:D

·
Registered
170 Posts
A period Blaupunkt is a great addition to a period car. I have one in my 68 Spider and it looks very nice. The speakers are hidden under the dash. It also gets MW, LW (a must for Test Match Special), SW and FM.

Most quality vintage radios (Blaupunkt, Becker) also have a DIN connector for an 8 track that can be used to connect an iPod or CD player.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I installed secret radio with cd changer. Radio unit sits on top of old Blaukpunknt.Control unit in glove box. Speakers in side kick panels.I needed to add to this unit amp,hidden power antenna(sits under dash) and mp3 connector under dash. Amp is needed with this system if drive open. Amp and CD changer in trunk.Its got RF remote. Around $1000 with install.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts