Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I take it the tank is removed from inside looking at the flange retaining screws. My problem however is with the filler tube. I cannot see how it fixes to the tank and how the other end is secured to the wing. Help appreciated, I'm sure it is a simple job when you know how.

·
Registered
333 Posts
The filler neck is part of the tank and does not need to be removed. Pull the rubber sleeve off the rim of the fender cut-out and slide it down the neck. Takes some manipulation, but once everything is disconnected the tank (and neck) will come out fine.

Do a search on the site, this has been covered a few times, or go to Osso's website where he has a great write up on re-installing the tank.

http://ossodiseppia.gr8host.com/

Good Luck.

Marc

·
Registered
193 Posts
Is it possible to change the rubber gas spill sleeve near the top of the neck without removing the tank?
Steve

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Is it possible to change the rubber gas spill sleeve near the top of the neck without removing the tank?
Steve
Yes but if the spill funnel is wasted it's probably a good time to pull the tank out, clean things up a bit and replace the fill hose as well - after all, these gems have been around for close to 40 years!

·
Registered
193 Posts
The previous owner removed the tank to clean and repaint etc.. but unfortunately left to old ratty spill rubber part in. I really dont want to drain and remove the tank and would like to just replace the spill rubber.

STeve
69 spider

·
Registered
333 Posts
Try it!

I did it with the tank out, as I was refurbuishing the tank, but I think you can probably do it without removing the tank. You will need to r & r the gas filler flap.

Marc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts